Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 04:49 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times

Advertisements

You're lucky (in that you know who to contact) - it's pretty transient here and learned the hard way that all companies aren't what they are made out to be. Hope your pool isn't cracked - what was the level of the earthquake?

Old 11-23-2014, 09:41 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
You're lucky (in that you know who to contact) - it's pretty transient here and learned the hard way that all companies aren't what they are made out to be. Hope your pool isn't cracked - what was the level of the earthquake?
It was minimal. Around 2.5, I think. Irving, TX was the center and that's just up the road a piece.

I'm surprised to hear that Alexandria is transient. I figured it would be full of federal employees who are there for the long haul.

I'll put in a plug for Angie's List. I signed on a couple of years ago when my AC/Heat guy retired. I needed a new contact. Then this year I went to the list to find a fencing company. I lined up two excellent companies. They are small, have been around for a good while and do a good job. I know there are stinkers out there and I really resent them. I've found that I can depend on Angie's list recommendations. Knock-on-wood.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:18 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
Ketabcha, I think the first quake measured 3.3 and the second one was 2.6.

I finally made it out to the grocery store yesterday (Tuesday), just to get a few things. OMG, everyone was shopping there. It was crazy. I bought just some fruit, olives and soup and it took me an hour to get checked out. My daughter ordered Thanksgiving dinners from Whole Foods: turkey, dressing, veggies, pecan pie, the works -- and a shrimp platter for nibbling. I'm going to pick the food up today (Wednesday). I'm sure it will be crazy there too, but it will be nice to have a quiet celebration, just the two of us, without having to cook or go out to a restaurant.

Bob and Flamingo, I hope your weather holds up for the holiday. And, of course, the same wish for Ketabcha and everyone else, as well. It's supposed to be lovely here all week.

And, if I dont get a chance to tell youall tomorrow, HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING! I'm so thankful for all of you!

Old 11-26-2014, 10:06 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,803,211 times
I will be getting mostly rain from the storm.
Lucky this time!

Have a great holiday everybody!

Old 11-26-2014, 12:51 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
The weathers been fantastic here.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Spend as much time as you can with the ones you love. They may not be there tomorrow.

I guess I'm not handling the loss of my mom and sister as well as I thought. It just comes out of nowhere and the grief grabs you and just won't let go.
I hardly ever get online anymore. I need to go back and catch up on what's going on with everyone. Hope all is well with everyone.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:17 PM

Rain and snow all day... snow isn't sticking though - probably have black ice in the morning.

I hear you Camper1 and I'm sorry, I'm pretty teary this week as well thinking about tomorrow. I'm planning to go to a friends' and her family tomorrow for Thanksgiving lunch (they have to work retail in the afternoon). IF, and it's a BIG IF, I feel up to it, going to drive to the family that has hosted us both for many, many years - not sure if I'll be able to do it yet, we'll see.

Wishing you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!

Old 11-26-2014, 10:46 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I'll be with my family. We always eat at halftime of the Cowboys' game. We have a lot of fun because there are several of us who are smart alecks. The repartee is great fun. I think we are playing the Eagles. I have not cared for them since the days of Buddy Ryan....because of Buddy Ryan's 'tude. Gee, that was back in the 80s. Maybe I should just get over it. ahahahahahaha!

I wish for all of you security, warmth and lots of love.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:06 PM

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving - I went first to friends for lunch (they had to work later that day - then onto other friends' (some of my husbands' oldest friends who always had us for the holidays), they asked me to still come. Tonight went w/my friend and her daughter to Old Town Alex. - had munchies and a beer then to Market Square for caroling, the official Christmas tree light and visit from Santa, then for a coffee and Bailey's to warm up - now I'm watching Frosty

Old 11-29-2014, 08:36 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
So glad you had a good Thanksgiving with good friends, Flamingo.

Camper, so sorry that you're still having a tough time dealing with the loss of your mom and sister. Hope you can go on another camping trip soon. The weather is so lovely right now -- it just screams "camping".

Ketabcha, it's wonderful that your family has such a nice Thanksgiving tradition. And I dont think you should have to get over Buddy Ryan's attitude.

Hope your rain has stopped, Bob. I'm still praying for those everyone in upstate New York. I havent read about massive flooding up that way and I hope they were able to avoid it. Damage from flooding isnt covered under regular insurance and those poor people dont need that worry on top of everything else.

I had a nice visit with my younger daughter. Quiet holidays are the best for me these days.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:18 AM

Thanks TFW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff