Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 08:23 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Advertisements

Wow! So many good post to read thru!! Glad to see all the activity on here again.

TFW, thanks so much to your daughter and father for serving during war time. Also to anyone else that had family do so. My dad served 26 years in the Air Force and my brother was in the Army during VN but did not get called to go.

3 Billboards is the BEST movie I have seen in forever!! WE rented it thru Red Box and was well worth the trip over. I won't say why... just that it was great!!! TFW, it usually takes me days to watch a movie. This one was easy to watch.

I'm off to clean closets today, Have Salvation Army coming tomorrow to collect two mattresses so may as well add more stuff to the pick up. I think I need one of those company's to come from Hoarders. I swear I think it's from being a military family and we could never keep anything from move to move. Now we keep EVERYTHING!!

I want to see The Post but not a fan of Merryl Streep right now.
I'll get over it soon.

Enjoy the beautiful day everyone!!!!

Old 05-31-2018, 01:11 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I can't sit through a movie either (the ONLY time I ever have was in a theater) - that's why I mentioned the pause button. If a movie airs on TV that I actually want to see I hope it airs a bunch of times because I eventually piece it together after seeing some of it a half dozen times

Glad you are having a beautiful day! Again we have flash flood warnings - sadly some folks are dead/missing (Maryland and central Va.) - we have rain chances (due to the trop. storm) through next Wed.!! My grass (well weeds mostly) is seriously in need of cutting but it's too wet.

I've never used Red Box (maybe I should check it out ...... cheap?)

Old 06-01-2018, 09:00 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I woke up in the middle of the night last night (Thursday) because the A/C quit cooling. The rest of the night was looooong. Finally got the thing fixed at 6:30 p.m. this evening. Naturally today was our first "heat warning" of the year. It got up to 89° in the house. Luckily, I have ceiling fans in nearly every room. Those are life savers. My main concern was my cat. She slept through most of it. She is a very cool cat now and so am I.

I remember the days when no one had air conditioners in their houses. My grandmother had a "swamp cooler" in her window. I can still recall the smell. It wasn't a bad smell just a very humid one.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:32 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Arghhh....I know how it feels when the a/c goes out, Ketabcha. The last two times it happened to me was in August (both times) when the outside temps were in the high 90s-100. Thank goodness you were able to get it repaired fairly quickly. And thank goodness you have ceiling fans. When my a/c went out both times I didnt have ceiling fans -- OMG, it was unbearable and my two big dogs were as miserable as I was. Now I have ceiling fans in every room and the garage.

And I, too, recall the days before a/c, even window a/c units. Our house had a whole-house attic fan and we'd turn it on at night. All it did was circulate warm air but, since that's all we knew at the time, we appreciated it. I remember the first window a/c unit my parents bought (around 1958). I used to live at the library during the summer, and still did after we got a window a/c unit -- but it was wonderful to go there just to check out books and not have to sit and read them there in the cool air.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I can't sit through a movie either (the ONLY time I ever have was in a theater) - that's why I mentioned the pause button. If a movie airs on TV that I actually want to see I hope it airs a bunch of times because I eventually piece it together after seeing some of it a half dozen times

Glad you are having a beautiful day! Again we have flash flood warnings - sadly some folks are dead/missing (Maryland and central Va.) - we have rain chances (due to the trop. storm) through next Wed.!! My grass (well weeds mostly) is seriously in need of cutting but it's too wet.

I've never used Red Box (maybe I should check it out ...... cheap?)
It has really gone up here the past few years but you can usually find a code online and they text me BYGO all the time, except when I want to rent! I think we paid like $1.70? Not bad becasue you can drop it off ANYWHERE there's a Rednox. Just take it home, put your Pj's on and sit back. Return it with in 24 hours and your good.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I woke up in the middle of the night last night (Thursday) because the A/C quit cooling. The rest of the night was looooong. Finally got the thing fixed at 6:30 p.m. this evening. Naturally today was our first "heat warning" of the year. It got up to 89° in the house. Luckily, I have ceiling fans in nearly every room. Those are life savers. My main concern was my cat. She slept through most of it. She is a very cool cat now and so am I.

I remember the days when no one had air conditioners in their houses. My grandmother had a "swamp cooler" in her window. I can still recall the smell. It wasn't a bad smell just a very humid one.
That's the main reason we have the sun room on a separate unit. That and there's always the motor home and believe me I'm not afraid to use it. Both of our units and differant ages so I'm usually good one way or another but I hate having to leave the living room and not sleep in my own bed.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Arghhh....I know how it feels when the a/c goes out, Ketabcha. The last two times it happened to me was in August (both times) when the outside temps were in the high 90s-100. Thank goodness you were able to get it repaired fairly quickly. And thank goodness you have ceiling fans. When my a/c went out both times I didnt have ceiling fans -- OMG, it was unbearable and my two big dogs were as miserable as I was. Now I have ceiling fans in every room and the garage.

And I, too, recall the days before a/c, even window a/c units. Our house had a whole-house attic fan and we'd turn it on at night. All it did was circulate warm air but, since that's all we knew at the time, we appreciated it. I remember the first window a/c unit my parents bought (around 1958). I used to live at the library during the summer, and still did after we got a window a/c unit -- but it was wonderful to go there just to check out books and not have to sit and read them there in the cool air.
As you can tell by now, my many talents do not include multi quotes. Try as I may It doesn't work most times.

I started acquiring fans when my hot flashes started a thousand years ago. Each room has a ceiling fan, a pole fan and a few small table top fans. And yes, I have a ton of outside fans for camping.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:19 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Thanks for telling me about Redbox Camper1 - I wouldn't be a good candidate to use it - I didn't know they had to be returned w/i 24 hrs. - oh well, maybe someone I know will have it that I can borrow.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:02 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

Lulu isnt afraid of much, but thunderstorms and firecrackers are her undoing, so she has to be medicated on days like today. (I'm always surprised that my veterinarian will sell me 50 Xanax pills for her every few months without hesitating.) Because she has no front teeth, Lulu's tongue hangs out whenever she's resting. I've already posted one photo of her long tongue hanging out in this thread. Here's another. I just love that cute tongue.
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-lulu-resting.jpg  

Old 07-05-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

Lulu isnt afraid of much, but thunderstorms and firecrackers are her undoing, so she has to be medicated on days like today. (I'm always surprised that my veterinarian will sell me 50 Xanax pills for her every few months without hesitating.) Because she has no front teeth, Lulu's tongue hangs out whenever she's resting. I've already posted one photo of her long tongue hanging out in this thread. Here's another. I just love that cute tongue.
Awe!! Such a cutie!

Baxter did extremely well. Of course we had a fairly quiet night becasue of the rain ( we got 1/2 inch which is great for us) but we still heard some going off. He would look up, then go back to what he was doing. He's going to be such a good boy.

Finally get his cone off tomorrow!! I can't wait. This has been the longest two week! I told ya'll we got him fixed, chipped, four dew claws removed and they had to remove all four of his front canine teeth. Vet said with the Yorkie's the baby canines tend to not fall out. Said those were the longest roots he had seen!!
Even with all that he came home bouncing around just like a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff