Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 06:45 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I think this is great for people and I do not knock it in the slightest...keep that in mind as you read.

I have looked over the menu in July and I just now looked at the menu for August and I'm having a hard time finding how this cuts a grocery bill in half. It seems about the same price as going to the store.

For example, the 10lb baby back ribs...$31..that's $3.10 a pound. It's cheaper at the grocery store.

The 6lb combo mix for $30 comes out to $5 a pound for the meat. WAY cheaper at the grocery store for the same meats.

The veggie/fruit menu, about the same, the kids menu seems more expensive and all the other menus seem to come out to the same prices. (And then add in the fact that some of that stuff I don't eat, such as fish/seafood so it's a waste.)

Am I missing something here?
I really don't buy from them to save money. The quality is good and it's worth it to me to make one easy trip to pick it all up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
Quote:
We regret to inform you that Angel Food Ministries (AFM) will not be holding a food distribution for the month of September.

Full refunds are now being processed to those who have already placed orders for the September distribution.

Like the thousands of businesses in America that have endured one of the worst recessions in the past 100 years, we too have faced operational and financial challenges. We have every intention to continue offering great food at great prices in the coming months and are considering ways to reorganize or restructure our Ministry.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to the hundreds of thousands of customers who have come to rely on us every month, to our Host Sites and to the thousands of volunteers who join us in serving God by helping those in need.

Please check this website often for the latest information. Thank you for your understanding and May God Bless.

Feel free to contact us at angelfood@angelfoodministries.com.
How completely sad. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:07 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,521,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
How completely sad. I wish there was something I could do to help.
Oh no!! How sad......

Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,501 times
Aww, I just saw this post. I hadn't heard about AFM.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:06 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
I hope they'll resume the service in October or soon after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff