Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,798 times

Advertisements

Hi,I live here in Arlington, Tx and I am looking for a Japanese School where it can teach me Japanese Language.
I am a Filipino but I wanted to visit Japan to look for a relative of mine that i have never seen in a long time.
I wanted to learn the language before coming there and living there for good. I also wanted to look for a job there, even if it is only serving ramen or something.
So far, the only Japanese School I found is between Alpha Road and midway road. But I'm afraid it's only for kids.
Hope someone can help me. Is there also an online school? Or someone who can teach me online.
greatly appreciate it!! thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 12:20 PM

7 posts, read 12,323 times
I found the link below - you might want to check it out.

From someone who has lived and studied in Japan a number of years I can tell you it may take some time to acquire the knowledge of the Japanese language at the level you may need to conduct your search for your relative. Keep in mind most people however educated are still somewhat hesitant to speak English; this is especially true outside of the major cities.

My wife's a Filipino as well - email me if you like if you need more info.

Best of luck.

Fort Worth Japanese Language Class | フォートワース 日本人会 日本語å*¦æ*¡

Old 07-13-2010, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 7,697 times
Default Japanese Teacher

Hello,
I am a former soldier who served in the military for 8 years and just recently got out of the military. I last served in Okinawa for 3 years. There I met my girlfriend who is Japanese. I just returned to Dallas in late June 2010. I am in desperate need to find a job for my girlfriend. She has a passport but can only be in country for no more than 3 months. If we were to get married then she would be allowed to stay. We would not like to jump into marriage just so that she can receive a green card. It is something that we both want to wait until we are truly ready. She has a bachelors degree in education. She has taught Japanese at the U.S. Consulate in Okinawa Japan to a group of military officers. We are asking for help from anyone who can give us any information where she can apply for a job that teaches Japanese in the Dallas area and hopefully will provide her with an employment visa. Your help is greatly needed and will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 PM

49 posts, read 173,721 times
i believe Richland Community College in Dallas has a japanese class too. It is pretty far from arlington though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas