Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,804,803 times

Advertisements

I'll be staying near Preston & Plano Parkway. Will be driving east (i think on Park Blvd) several times this weekend (with a 11 y/o) for a tennis tournament at locations east of I35.

Can anyone recommend good breakfast tacos (or evening tacos) or a good Burger joint on our route (to or from) or in the area? Prefer not to eat at chains if possible.

Also, I have a Texas Toll Tag for use in Austin (that I've used in Houston)...will it work in Dallas? (for the North Dallas & Bush Tollroads).

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 17,755 times
Kennys Burger Joint off 121/Legacy is great. About 7-9 bucks a burger.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM

436 posts, read 1,617,271 times
not on the way, but not too far from where you will be staying (about 5 minutes or less). good, fresh, cheap tacos and great salsa. man, we love this place. (yes, it is fast food and a local chain.)

taco delite

2957 W 15th St
Plano, TX
(972) 964-5419

for burgers, I love gazeebo burger. another local chain, but yummy. the parker & tollway location would not be too far from you.

http://www.gazeeboburger.com/

Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,341,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomeinfo View Post
not on the way, but not too far from where you will be staying. good, fresh, cheap tacos and great salsa. man, we love this place. (yes, it is fast food and a local chain- I think they have 3 now.)

taco delite
1728 14th St, Plano, TX
(972) 424-5419‎
I'll second this one - good guac too. There is a closer location for you at Coit and Spring Creek.

And yes, you can use your TxTag on all NTTA toll roads.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,520,603 times
There's a good New York style deli at Preston and Campbell, south of where you will be.
Deli News New York Style Delicatessen Restaurant and Bakery in Dallas Texas Home Page

These place is just south of Preston and Plano Parkway and is unique - Obzeet's
Obzeet Menu

There's also a Denny's and a iHop near where you will be, too.

I'm also a Taco Delite fan and I go to the one on Coit. I went once to the one in Little Elm and it wasn't as good.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:48 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,804,803 times
Thanks everyone. We tried to stop by taco delite on 15th & fyi it's not open for breakfast. Ended up eating breakfast at Waffle House (my kid is a hash brown freak & had never been to WH). Also found a good/cheap pasta joint near Plano East HS & had chinese at dinner.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM

548 posts, read 1,483,204 times
My family and I absolutely love the burgers at Country Burger. The location we visit is at Independence and Parker, and there is also one on 14th Street. It is family owned and operated.

We also enjoy Taco Delite!

Sorry I didn't get this in before your trip. Hope you had a great weekend!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM

sorry taco delite was closed- we also usually go to coit & spring creek- just thought the other one would be closer to you.

one more place to try if you like greek- zorba's at preston and plano parkway- should be right by you. yum!!

http://www.zorbasplano.com/

Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,910,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomeinfo View Post
not on the way, but not too far from where you will be staying (about 5 minutes or less). good, fresh, cheap tacos and great salsa. man, we love this place. (yes, it is fast food and a local chain.)

taco delite

2957 W 15th St
Plano, TX
(972) 964-5419

for burgers, I love gazeebo burger. another local chain, but yummy. the parker & tollway location would not be too far from you.

http://www.gazeeboburger.com/
I opened this thread to sing the praises of Taco Delite and found you beat me to it. I frequent the one at Preston and Lebanon in Frisco and it is always fresh and delicious. Absolute best salsa I have ever had. I know it is a cheap looking fast food type of eatery, but I put its food up with the best. Ate at Cantino Laredo recently and wished I had gone to Taco Delite instead. I am hoping one comes to McKinney soon.

Whataburger has an excellent hamburger and breakfast tacos as well. I prefer it to the JC Burger Houses and Gazeebo Burgers of the world, but I understand some see it as a chain and diss it just for that. Scotty P's is my favorite of the "gourmet, non-fast food" burger places, not sure of locations on the southern and western sides of Plano, but know they are in McKinney, Frisco and Allen. Awesome onion rings.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 AM

lol, I had no idea there were so many taco delite fans out there!

we don't live in plano anymore, but when we are up there, taco delite is one of the first places we go to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas