Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 AM

37 posts, read 126,049 times

Advertisements

I've also heard they'll build another center for the new phases, but given they are doing phase 3 now, and phase 4 (final) probably won't start for another couple of years, so it will be a while before anything actually gets built.

Good to hear from a couple residents that the proximity is a plus. It is for us as well, and I guess thats what matters, but when the time comes to sell, you hope that most others appreciate it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM

25 posts, read 60,586 times
Default Just started looking

Looking at the Star Creek site and reading blog looks like a wonderful community. Would like to know if anyone can recommend another community a little lower in price but still with a community pool/clubhouse. Good school system and kid friendly neighborhood. We have a 3 and 5 year old. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 PM

161 posts, read 725,842 times
There are several communities in Allen that have pools. Not as many have clubhouses. Some neighborhoods also have bike paths, walking trails, volleyball courts etc...

Not knowing your price range and whether or not you want new or pre-owned - here a few suggestions of nearby neighborhoods - with amenities:

Quail Run
Waterford Parks
Twin Creeks
Cumberland Crossing
Montgomery Farms

Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 PM

4 posts, read 7,428 times
Default Traffic on Stacy

I've been looking at resales in Star Creek and love the neighborhood! How is the traffic on Stacy though during rush hour in the morning and in the evening? How is the traffic on weekends? I know on weekends the left turn from 75 onto Stacy can get quite crowded with the Outlet Mall right there. I'm also concerned how easy the the left turn onto Stacy from Star Creek will be in the morning. I'd hate to have to wait there for minutes!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:56 PM

I also noticed that the HOA dues are $828 a year in Star Creek. Can someone who lives in Star Creek confirm that? Seems a lot higher than similar neighborhoods like Twin Creeks or Quail Run in Allen. What does that cover?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,263,780 times
The HOA is indeed $828 a year billed quarterly at $207, it was $720 and recently raised. It is a bit higher than other communities. It covers the tennis court, the trails, the playground, the perimeter fence, the pool, clubhouse too and all the common areas.

Naima

Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 AM

92 posts, read 291,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senar View Post
I've been looking at resales in Star Creek and love the neighborhood! How is the traffic on Stacy though during rush hour in the morning and in the evening? How is the traffic on weekends? I know on weekends the left turn from 75 onto Stacy can get quite crowded with the Outlet Mall right there. I'm also concerned how easy the the left turn onto Stacy from Star Creek will be in the morning. I'd hate to have to wait there for minutes!
The traffic at peek times can be a challenge and a future traffic light is planned per builder. The outlet mall stores open later at 10am. Star Creek is an excellent neighborhood and hold there appraised values for resale. One of the rare new subdivisions where the developer Blue Star Land left many natural trees, creeks and walkways for the residences.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BichonGirl View Post
The traffic at peek times can be a challenge and a future traffic light is planned per builder. The outlet mall stores open later at 10am. Star Creek is an excellent neighborhood and hold there appraised values for resale. One of the rare new subdivisions where the developer Blue Star Land left many natural trees, creeks and walkways for the residences.
Thanks for the info. Would the planned traffic light be at Starcreek Pkwy?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:29 AM

77 posts, read 341,872 times
Just a tip, but you don't have to use Stacy to get to 75. Shoot down Watters to Exchange or McDermott and skip the Stacy/75 interchange altogether.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricor View Post
Just a tip, but you don't have to use Stacy to get to 75. Shoot down Watters to Exchange or McDermott and skip the Stacy/75 interchange altogether.
Thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: