Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM

63 posts, read 267,862 times

Advertisements

I really had my heart set on the Addison Circle Post, loved the area and the almost european charm of the property, but they went up in price and the dollars that could get me a one bedroom can now only buy a studio apartment

So NOW ... I am looking for 1+bedroom, 1+bath, with granite (or engineered stone) kitchen, preferably a place that doesn't allow pets
My husband and I are in our late twenties, and we are looking for some place with enough urban flare, but still clean and somewhat quiet.

If the place where you live offers anything similar for good price, I would love to hear your suggestions. I am really limited on time to select an apartment in the next month, so all your help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 05:08 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,052,162 times
Were will you and hubby be working. If your set on granite countertops you will have to look at fairly new upscale apartments. Uptown & Knox/Henderson should be on your list. Job location would help narrow your search.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:20 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,771,235 times
Consider it a bullet dodged. My wife and I looked at the Addison Post apartments. We thought it was more like a frat house than an apartment complex. We went to see the pool and there were a bunch of dudes drinking beer and hanging out who whistled at my wife. Not so much us.

The area is great, not so much the apartments, at least thats the impression we got.

Look in the Knox Henderson area. Really diverse, fun, and artsy.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Consider it a bullet dodged. My wife and I looked at the Addison Post apartments. We thought it was more like a frat house than an apartment complex. We went to see the pool and there were a bunch of dudes drinking beer and hanging out who whistled at my wife. Not so much us.

The area is great, not so much the apartments, at least thats the impression we got.

Look in the Knox Henderson area. Really diverse, fun, and artsy.
I agree
Googling Knox Henderson right now, thanks for suggestion!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Were will you and hubby be working. If your set on granite countertops you will have to look at fairly new upscale apartments. Uptown & Knox/Henderson should be on your list. Job location would help narrow your search.
Another Knox Henderson, I am just hoping the prices are not too crazy
Thanks!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:42 AM

326 posts, read 962,909 times
Check out downtown. You can get some great rates there now. With the opening of the AT&T Performing Arts Center, Main Street Garden park, DART Green Line, and much more to come, it's a great urban environment.

Residential Locations in Downtown Dallas (http://www.yourdspot.com/residential.aspx - broken link)

Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM

229 posts, read 607,353 times
i agree with knox henderson. downtown is awesome, but the population is lacking. i feel that knox henderson/uptown is much more vibrant.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 AM

We ended up choosing the Post East Side in Richardson because of location-close to our work and family, close to UTD where my husband will go to school, and the fact that Central Expwy is right in front of our building.
And the kitchens are geeeeeeeeorgeous!
And most importantly for me: they are brand new, so no cats and dogs have shed their skin and hair in the carpets for years

They now are waiving the deposit and offer a special move in for $99, so if anyone is looking these are really beautiful contemporary apartments

Old 11-01-2009, 09:47 AM

63 posts, read 185,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namcor View Post
We ended up choosing the Post East Side in Richardson because of location-close to our work and family, close to UTD where my husband will go to school, and the fact that Central Expwy is right in front of our building.
And the kitchens are geeeeeeeeorgeous!
And most importantly for me: they are brand new, so no cats and dogs have shed their skin and hair in the carpets for years

They now are waiving the deposit and offer a special move in for $99, so if anyone is looking these are really beautiful contemporary apartments
Congratulations! You made a right choice.
Also, welcome your hubby to UTD.
If you guys like Texas Cowboy lifestyle, don't forget to visit Owens Spring Creek Farm and riding horses on weekends. .
Also there is a Dart Train station under George Bush HW at Plano Rd near Fry's Electronics store. You can use Dart train to commute to Downtown Dallas for fun, entertainment or shopping activities on the weekend too. There are two malls, Collin Creek Mall and North Park Mall that really convenient for your shopping.

Last edited by UTDGraduate; 11-01-2009 at 10:02 AM..

Old 11-01-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDGraduate View Post
Congratulations! You made a right choice.
Also, welcome your hubby to UTD.
If you guys like Texas Cowboy lifestyle, visit Owens Spring Creek Farm and riding horses on weekends. .
Remember that there is a Dart Train station under George Bush HW at Plano Rd near Fry's Electronics store. You can use Dart train to commute to Downtown Dallas for fun, entertainment or shopping activities on the weekend too. There are two malls, Collin Creek Mall and North Park Mall that really convenient for your shopping.
I will definitely have to check that out

I was a little worried about the reputation that Post properties have as being frat house like, but my husband and I pretty much keep to ourselves, so as long as drunk youngsters don't have music blasting until 2 am I think we will be fine.

I am already a regular at NorthPark, but thanks for your suggestion

Thank you kindly for your post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas