Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:07 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Look at downtown Fort Worth. There are LOTS of loft apartments, and you'll find the Sundance Square area is very similar to what you'll find in Dallas. There is NO reason to make a 30-mile daily commute!

I totally agree. The lofts in downtown Ft. Worth are wonderful and most have underground parking. Sundance Square is great fun and there are several arts festivals held in or close to downtown each year.

I would not make a round trip drive between the two cities unless it was absolutely essential to do so. I-30 can be a mess. I avoid it like the plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 PM

8 posts, read 24,856 times
thanx everyone for the info!!

so anyone has any suggestions in regards to loft/apt that are in downtown fw?

i keep reading apt ratings/reviews and it's driving me nuts since there are so many..

i saw some places online like lofts at west 7th, parkside at so 7, gallery 1701, colonial park, lincoln park at trinity bluffs, historic electric building, sanger loft, etc.

any suggestions/kudos for any of these places? thanx again for helping me out!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:02 PM

162 posts, read 633,299 times
Quote:
Look at downtown Fort Worth. There are LOTS of loft apartments, and you'll find the Sundance Square area is very similar to what you'll find in Dallas. There is NO reason to make a 30-mile daily commute!
Given my druthers, I'd KILL to live in downtown Ft. Worth. It's imo far more vibrant and liveable than downtown or uptown Dallas.
edit to add: The Burnett Park area is to die for. There are condos there; sorry, I don't know if there are rentals or not.
The Neil P condos would be my first choice, if I were in a position to move to the Ft Worth area.

Also, it seems to me that the Trinity Bluffs area is between downtown and the Arts District and is definitely worth a look-see.

Last edited by miokie; 08-31-2009 at 11:12 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,170,832 times
If you can, you should spend a little time in each city. They have different feels and one might appeal more than the other. But, certainly, from an economic perspective, you're better off staying in Fort Worth and visiting Dallas once or twice a week.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 24,856 times
thanx again everyone!!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:49 PM

162 posts, read 633,299 times
sangl, you might want to post in the Ft. Worth forum, too...

Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
To me downtown FW is a 'one-trick pony' with Sundance Square geared for suburban tourists whereas Dallas has many, many areas immediately surrounding downtown with so much happening all the time. Downtown Dallas itself is also starting to develop many great areas. Ever gone out on Main Street in Dallas on a Saturday?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 PM

264 posts, read 701,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
To me downtown FW is a 'one-trick pony' with Sundance Square geared for suburban tourists whereas Dallas has many, many areas immediately surrounding downtown with so much happening all the time. Downtown Dallas itself is also starting to develop many great areas. Ever gone out on Main Street in Dallas on a Saturday?
This post couldn't be more true if it were written in stone. We lived in the M-streets/Lakewood area for years before moving to Austin.Since relocating to Ft Worth for a job, we have been sorely disappointed and find ourselves driving to Dallas quite a bit (Cafe Izmir being out last venture). When our lease is up, we're headed back that way. If I need to drive to work I'll do it, just to live somewhere where 87% of the population doesn't smoke.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
My husband and I are the exact opposite. We lived in the Dallas area for 4 years, then work forced us to move to Tarrant County. We've been here for 7 years now, and we only go over to Dallas on rare occasions now. Fort Worth has everything we need and enjoy. We LOVE the cultural and museum scene over here SO much more, and the shopping and restaurants are just as good as in Dallas. (Well, we still haven't found a good Greek place here, which is one of the few things we go to Dallas to do!) We're very active here in Grapevine with civic organizations and volunteering in our community.

Honestly, I've never noticed more people smoking in Fort Worth...I guess we hang out at different places? It is nice how all of Dallas' restaurants and bars are non-smoking now.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:13 PM

264 posts, read 701,928 times
Quote:

Honestly, I've never noticed more people smoking in Fort Worth...I guess we hang out at different places? It is nice how all of Dallas' restaurants and bars are non-smoking now.
I just notice it from people driving in their cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas