Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:20 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times

Advertisements

Yesterday a friend of mine called inquiring to whether we knew of a good internist (must be an internist, not family practice) in this area (Plano, Richardson, Garland.) Her elderly mother is moving up here and needs one. We don't have any recommendations. Our doctor is in Dallas and he is family practice. Just wondering if anyone on this forum would recommend anyone in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,144,713 times
Sorry Kaykay, I don't have a family doctor yet. I'm waiting until my new insurance starts for a physical. If I get sick right now, it's easier to drive to Waxahachie and visit my old family physician....

Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Over at Baylor North Garland on Hwy 190 @ N. Garland Ave there are several good doctors in there. I like Dr. Robert Anderson and Dr. Kim McMillian. I've been VERY impressed w/ Dr. Anderson. He may be young (upper 30's) but he is VERY knowledgable. It also helped that one time I heard a nurse come to him w/ a question from an insurance company about a patient and the meds he had prescribed (I did not hear names or anything so just his response). His response, "because what I prescribed is better suited for them w/o any of the adverse side effects of the other which has no proven effectiveness." THANK YOU DOC for sticking up for the patients w/ the insurance companies.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
Sorry Kaykay, I don't have a family doctor yet. I'm waiting until my new insurance starts for a physical. If I get sick right now, it's easier to drive to Waxahachie and visit my old family physician....
Thanks, anyway, GoPadge, I know what you mean! It's been easier for us to go to our old physician in east Dallas now for 11 years!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Over at Baylor North Garland on Hwy 190 @ N. Garland Ave there are several good doctors in there. I like Dr. Robert Anderson and Dr. Kim McMillian. I've been VERY impressed w/ Dr. Anderson. He may be young (upper 30's) but he is VERY knowledgable. It also helped that one time I heard a nurse come to him w/ a question from an insurance company about a patient and the meds he had prescribed (I did not hear names or anything so just his response). His response, "because what I prescribed is better suited for them w/o any of the adverse side effects of the other which has no proven effectiveness." THANK YOU DOC for sticking up for the patients w/ the insurance companies.
Thanks, momof2dfw, I will pass their names along.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
As sad as it seems, I still use my Doctor, Dentist and Stylist in San Diego....waiting for the family to get out here to find new ones.

This aspect of relocating scares me a little because the folks I used for these services in Socal were like family to me....

Old 04-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
As sad as it seems, I still use my Doctor, Dentist and Stylist in San Diego....waiting for the family to get out here to find new ones.

This aspect of relocating scares me a little because the folks I used for these services in Socal were like family to me....
Yes, I know what you mean. As I mentioned above, we are still using our east Dallas doctor even though many times it's proved inconvenient to still do so. San Diego would really be a stretch, ha! I CAN recommend a good dentist to you in the Plano area though. It's Dr. Brad Williams (and his associate Nicole Sivie.) From what I understand he is a little "pricey" compared to some others, but I really feel confident about his level of competence, commitment to maintaining hygienic practices, etc. Plus, he's a Christian and a super-nice guy. My husband goes to the associate Dr. Sivie. I've never met her, but my husband recommends her as well.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:26 AM

Also, Socketz, if you find a good stylist (unisex) obviously, please let me know ! Mine moved to Sherman!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,636 times
Default Doctors in East Dallas/Plano

Who's the doctor you recommend in East Dallas???
We have been driving to Plano and Richardson from eastern Dallas and would like to stop.

In Plano there's a fantastic group of doctors:

Dallas Diagnostic Association
at Baylor Plano
972 758 6000
[url=http://www.ddadoctors.com]Dallas Diagnostic Association: Home[/url]

I have family members who see internist Dr Jack Bankhead there, but he is retiring. I expect they'll transfer to someone else in his practice.

Good luck!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,235,972 times
KayKay.......I take it you would recommend your stylest that moved to Sherman? I would like to find someone new there....could you share her/his name and current salon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas