Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 11:12 PM

177 posts, read 857,145 times

Advertisements

Specifically for Dallas, is there any law stating that if I see houses with one broker, I can't see through another broker at the same time. And put an offer through another broker at the same time for a different house.

Do the brokers track who they showed which house ? If I saw a house with a broker 3 months ago, and now I use a different broker, can't I put in an offer on this house using my new broker ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 08:41 AM

71 posts, read 343,849 times
Are you putting in multiple offers?
Have you signed a buyer's rep agreement with any realtor?
In some cases if the listing agent showed you the home they could charge your buyer's agent a % of the commission. If a third realtor showed you the home and is no longer in the picture they would need to have a buyers rep signed by you otherwise they are not representing you.
You may put an offer on a home with a new agent if you do not have anything in writing with the previous agent.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:44 PM

I have seen a house using listing agent. Does the listing agent keep track of who saw when ?
I never signed anything.

I have not signed anything with any buyers' agent.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:10 PM

17 posts, read 78,897 times
Did the Listing agent show you the house by appointment? Or, did you tour their Open House?

If you saw the house by appointment, they probably DO have a record of showing it to you.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 PM

71 posts, read 343,849 times
Since you have not signed a buyers rep you are fine.
If the listing agent did not obtain you as a client then it is his/her loss.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:01 AM

What if I put in an offer on a house with a broker.

but after that for some reason, now i have issues with this broker.

can I change my broker ?
can I buy the same house using another broker ?

will the seller's agent disclose to my agent about the new offer.
and what if both work for the same realtor firm.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:19 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,807,234 times
I would just call the original broker and tell them you want to stop using their services even if you didn't sign a representation form, just in case. You can change buyers agents at any time if you are not happy w/their services. Just don't go viewing other homes or worse yet, put in an offer w/another agent, before cancelling the services of the original agent.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:28 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
most listing agents don't want to show a home to someone if they have a realtor they are working with --- they know they will have to split the fee in that case and want the other realtor to do her/his job...I tried to view two houses last month when my realtor was sick in bed w/food poisoning...I called the two different listing agents--one was extremely gracious and made time to show her listing--very friendly w/o being pushy...

the other said that she would be a home to show it to me right after I viewed the first house--they were only half a mile if that apart in two neighboring subdivisions...we got to house early and could see there were people working--moving and stuff--but no agent...finally went to house and just asked if agent had scheduled the visit she told me to come too---NOPE, the co that makes all the show appointments had not called the home owner...she was nice, and let us come though the house....she and her mother were there packing and painters were there doing touchup type stuff...
I told her what her agent had done standing me up -- that was terribly unprofessional...the owner did not really care because she knew the house would go under contract quickly and it did...so whether her agent worked or not, the house would sell...
later the agent left a lame message on my phone (because I did not answer when I saw who was calling) saying that something had come up and did I get her message that she would not be able to show the house when she initially said she would...of course she did not even phone telling me she was not going to be there...
very unprofessional ...
she was a b-girl...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: