Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 PM

673 posts, read 3,090,591 times

Advertisements

I was looking around for furniture store around North Dallas that inexpensive new furniture. Some place I have looked at like Ashely and Room to Go seems bit more expensive than what I am looking for. IKEA in Frisco has some decent prices but definitely not lowest ones.

What I think I am really looking for is discount furniture or furniture outlet that has some really great deals on furniture. Any suggestions on one would be helpful! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 10:51 PM

21 posts, read 85,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
I was looking around for furniture store around North Dallas that inexpensive new furniture. Some place I have looked at like Ashely and Room to Go seems bit more expensive than what I am looking for. IKEA in Frisco has some decent prices but definitely not lowest ones.

What I think I am really looking for is discount furniture or furniture outlet that has some really great deals on furniture. Any suggestions on one would be helpful! Thanks!
You can try The Dump. It's located right off of 635 & Belt Line I believe. They are a furniture outlet store that has some really great looking furniture at inexpensive pricing!!

Old 04-19-2009, 08:14 AM

709 posts, read 3,473,293 times
There is a Factory store on 3040 in Lewisville just west of the mall. It is behind the Christina's Mexican food restaurant. Never been but they advertise low prices. There is also a Big Lots Furniture store at the Lewisville location of Big Lots off Main Street. Again, I've never been to this store I just see it when I go to visit friends.

Just to let you know Broyhill (I believe this is the name of the store)...has 50% signs all over their windows. This is in the same place as Factory Furniture store.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:34 AM

53 posts, read 251,138 times
As I mentioned in another post, this is possibly going to be your best option:

"I suggest that you circumvent these big box retailers and instead get the same piece through a local small time reseller. I found some fantastic deals at

Lucy Furniture LucyFurniture.com & more! - Home
Affordable Bedding and Furniture/Dreamsleep Dallas Fort Worth Living Rooms Bedrooms Dining Rooms Pub Tables Bar tables Stools Sofas

Their prices are about 50-60% compared to Ashley etc... for the same piece!!

Both these guys can get you pretty much anything thats in stock on homelegance.com. They just pick it up from Home elegance's local warehouse and mark it up a little. I found the Dreamsleep guy works on thin margins and so gets a lot of volume. Lucy furniture is also good but has higher prices (check out the vendor section on their site, they can get anything from their vendors, Aff. Bedding guy should be able to do the same).

I was able to get the following piece with 4 chairs:
Homelegance, Inc. - Welcome! (http://www.homelegance.com/display.php?id=1961 - broken link)

for $470 all in including delivery. I paid cash after he delivered it and set up my dining table! Sal, the older guy in their team, was nice to work with.

Homelegance, Inc. - Welcome! (http://www.homelegance.com/display.php?id=1690 - broken link)
was cheap as well but too big for my apartment (54x54).

Only drawback is that he doesn't have much of a warehouse... so you'll have to buy it based on what you see online... and oh, some of the stuff may not be in stock at the local warehouses of Home Elegance etc. So have 3-4 pieces in mind when you call him."

Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
you might consider some consignment stores in area
there are some that are pretty picky about what they take in to sell--nothing that is damaged or looks used...and some of it is not that cheap either...

we got a GREAT 8 x 10 rug off Craig's List for my husband's study for $50--it was as new as it could be and come out of someone's home vs a store--not pets/no smoking home--and the colors are perfect for our house--could not be happier...
you just have to sift a lot of chaff before you find wheat nuggets there...

Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
If you found even Ikea to be too expensive, I'd check out Craig's List online and estate/ garage sales in nicer areas. Or you may check the Salvation Army store on Inwood & Harry Hines or the Genesis Resale Shop on Lemon & Oak Lawn. Anything you buy there goes to support battered women.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
What style do you like? I like the modern look from Ikea but I tend to go with CB2 (a Crate and Barrel company that's on the internet), a bit more expensive than Ikea but still affordable and a little bit better quality. I do shop Ikea sometimes, though. More expensive than CB2 but even better quality is West Elm, they have a location in Dallas.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:05 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,237,271 times
Big Lots has a big supply of Broyhill right now.....good prices, nice -looking stuff.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM

70 posts, read 278,342 times
The Dump is NOT inexpensive. Also, you'd need a castle in order to fit their furniture into your home.

Craig's List can be great if you're willing to take some time. I got a GREAT desk with a hutch for my daughter for only $25!

Consignment shops are good too...I have several things that I've purchased over the years.

Home Decor Outlet at 4700 Alpha is pretty good. Wherever you go, be sure to ask if you can look through the vendors' catalogs. Tell the shop clerk about what you want to spend, and they should be able to help.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:59 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,908 times
if your just looking for couches try garden ridge. They have some pretty comfy faux lether couches for about $300 each. They also sell kitchen tables and a few other items. Its not great quality but its nice stuff for the $$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas