Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2007, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,305 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!! I'm a Texas native from a small town south of Houston Called Palacios. I joined the Marine Corps in 1996 and havent lived in Texas since. I've been in southern CA 80% of this time and I have to say I LOVE San Diego county.
Alas, I'm 28 years old going on 29 and I started looking for properties here in San Diego at the end of last year and settled on buying a 1000 sqft 2bed/2bath CONDO for approx $300,000. Well, as fate would have it while I was in the process of getting preapproval for the money so I could shop contently my work provided me with an opportunity for a promotion and work-from-home job.
Well... I visited Fort Worth last year while I was there working for about a month and I spent some time in Dallas. My corporate headquarters also happens to be in Plano. I decided I'm move to the Dallas area for the sake of being near Corp. HQ in the case of another promotion in the next few years.

I'm not purchasing a home right away since I want time to explore Dallas and figure out what areas call me the most. Now is where you guys come in. Like I said before I dont have an office to work out of yet and if I do get one soon I will only be required to go in like once a month(this is Plano area.) I've been working with one of the Apartment locator places and those people arent allowed to say ghetto or bad areas. Every city has these so please be honest. Anyway, since I want to rent no longer than 6 months before buying, wheres the best area to rent for the money if I keep my budget to about $800 for a 1 bed/1bath.

I'll actually be leaving here in about 10 days and I'm bringing my girlfriend along with me.

Thanks in advance, I just discovered these forums today but everyone seems very helpful to all the people moving to this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,442,860 times
Moose,

Your search is over. I came from where you are now, just 4 short months ago.

I'm also picky as he_l and looked at alot of apartments before settling in one.

Check out where I live in La Ventura apts right off Ventura near Preston/Park in Willow Bend.

I pay just under $800 per month for a 1Bdr and have a nice spot over looking the pool. Safe/nice and very familiar (i.e. the buildings look like they belong in San Diego).

Call the front office and talk to Larry. He grew up in this area and knows alot about both the area and all the other apartment complexes (he's lived in most of them).

Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,305 times
Thanks socketz...
I just looked and its one of the ones on my favorites that I'll definitely be checking out. I knew that name sounded familiar. Ha you might have a new neighbor in the next week in a half or so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas