Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 AM

9 posts, read 28,474 times

Advertisements

We are retired and currently live in Las Vegas NV in a planned community, and must pay big bucks to keep our motor home in a rather inconvenient storage facility.

We are planning a move to the Dallas area and we would like to find a community where the zoning will allow us keep our motor home adjacent to the house.

We would prefer a resale home with lot size of+/- one acre, mature trees with a little variety in typography and within commuting distance from Dallas.

Please tell me that such places exist other than my dreams!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,145,060 times
Do they exist, sure. Are they easy to find, not so much. But that depends in part on where you want to live within the Metroplex. Many existing neighborhood, no longer have HOA's or covenants that restrict RV's. It is just a matter of finding a home that has space. But then most of these are not going to be on acreage. There's a home not too far from me that's on 11 acres, but then the owner's aren't looking to sell, and the property's valued at $800,000.

It will take some time, but you can find what you're looking for, you just might have to trade off one portion to meet the others. (Smaller lot, or lousy commute.)

Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,860 times
Your retired, so why not live south of the Metroplex. Much cheaper down there and still commutable to Dallas. I'm sure you can find an acre+ lot and build.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Check w/ the cities also to see what they allow as far as code before you do anything. While some may have allowed motorhomes/RV's to be parked on an improved space at one time some have started making it against code. Even if it is allowed most require that it be parked on an improved surface (concrete drive). I suppose your looking to stay near the city for convience to things like medical care? There are a few new developments in the Rockwall area that are 1+ acre lots and many that are older that possibly allow RV's. You may even look in some of the areas that are unincorporated. More of these areas to the east and south of Dallas and a few to the north.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:42 PM

50 posts, read 299,781 times
There is a gorgeous area adjacent to but not in Little Elm and bordering the lake that I think is one of Dallas' best kept secrets. Heavily wooded (reminds me a bit of The Woodlands in Houston), right on and around Lake Lewisville, all custom homes but several are selling at reasonable prices -- mid $200k's - $700k -- with minimum 1 acre lots. In fact, it's been a while since I've been over there but there used to be several areas left where you could have one built by a custom builder (serious excavation would be required). There are two subdivisions there, Eagle's Landing and Emerald Sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas