Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 03:18 PM

17 posts, read 91,993 times

Advertisements

Is there a Chinatown in Dallas? I am looking to see a true chinese herbalist. I know there are some acupunture chinese medicine places, however they are somewhate commercialized.

I was hoping to find like a "hole in the wall" place in the Dallas area. ANy suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,480,689 times
I saw one of Greenville near Main St in Richardson - I think it was actually on Polk between the northbound access road to I-75 and Greenville. Don't know a thing about it other than it does look like a hole-in-the-wall.

There used to be (and probably still is) a place on the SW corner of Preston and Forest above where Mi Cocina is located.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 PM

59 posts, read 230,704 times
There used to be one over on Walnut Street @ Plano Rd in Dallas. I have not been over in that area in about a year. There was also several Chinese shops along the block.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 9,545 times
if you have a CM that treats HCV please text 214 213 9436 with name and number. thanks

Old 05-29-2011, 06:08 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,000 times
Try Happy Feet just north of Main on Greenville in Richardson. If they don't they might be able to recommend someone.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 9,056 times
Default Looking to buy Chinees herb Ba Dou /Croton Tiglium Seeds Alapecia treatment

Hi
I am looking chinees herb ba dou /croton tiglium seeds to cure my hair loss issue alapcia aretia to apply externally .I dont want to use medication or ijection due to its side effects .So can someone please help to find that .

Thanks
Siryum

Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM

6 posts, read 21,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siryum View Post
Hi
I am looking chinees herb ba dou /croton tiglium seeds to cure my hair loss issue alapcia aretia to apply externally .I dont want to use medication or ijection due to its side effects .So can someone please help to find that .

Thanks
Siryum
You have no idea what you're messing with. I used to stock that stuff for special use cases, and have sinced removed it from my pharmacy. It's caustic. It can only be used, even for external use, in a specially prepared de-fatted form. If you use that stuff directly on your skin, or G-d forbid if the seed oil contacts your mucus membranes, then you will regret it... seriously. If you don't believe me, then I'll just say you can probably find a vendor in mainland China who will be happy to take your cash for a bit. Then you can find out for yourself. The prepared medicine even is not used alone. It is combined with other herbals such as Ce Bai Ye and whatnot in order to manage Croton's extreme toxicity... again, even in the context of external use treatments. The prepared Ba Dou is a very small portion of the formulation used in treatment.

I have been saying this for years, "Chinese medicine is NOT a layperson's medicine for the casual user without guidance." Most stuff is fairly safe and wrong use leads to mild side effects, but Croton/Ba Dou is not in this category. It is extremely uncommon for advanced specialized use EVEN IN PREPARED FORM IN MAINLAND CHINA for a reason.

Good luck.
Moderator cut: cannot not allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-18-2012 at 11:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas