Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 05:24 PM

6 posts, read 9,158 times

Advertisements

hello everyone
I was wandering if you would have any idea for good real estate agent or a company for the North Dallas area( Plano Richardson)?
I am looking for a property for investment and I am reading a lots of things and all of them a leading towards this region ? Do u think it is a good idea?
I APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S OPINION
Thanks
Vince
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 06:15 PM

40,996 posts, read 49,412,263 times
Vince, real estate in DFW is mostly a long term investment. Only 2 times in my 50+ years have we had a high inflationary market. If your looking for California type increases it's not going to be here (with a few exceptions).

You'll probably see a 2-5% at best increases in prices in the next few years. Richardson a nice area and if your looking to buy to hold and lease you can probably have a fair investment.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM

well what I am looking for is to buy something that I will lease and eventually will sell in the future with some profit of that.
because I want to invest(i think is the right idea for now in Dallas) in property. I think the market is good for investments in properties?!
Thanks for yours time guys
Vince

Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,292,161 times
Vince, if you are still looking at spending 100K in Richardson, the picking will be very very slim. You pretty much would have expect a condo. In my opinion, those don't do well in the suburbs of Dallas at all from a rental or appreciation perspective. You also would have to think of a monthly HOA with a condo/townhome.

If you can raise your price range to the mid 100s and look for a basic 1 story 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage home within the Richardson ISD or Plano ISD, you will be much further ahead within a couple years when you are ready to rent it out.

Naima

Old 07-11-2008, 07:46 AM

HI NIAMA
well, first as I always say thanks for your time and posts
As you red in my post I want ton ivvest in property in dallas and specially in the horth part - why - because I think (and correct me if I am wrong) thet that part of dallas will be the most desireable as one for living in the most progressive city in US as well as the most fast growing populated one!
Now the economy is very depressed and I want to use that as an advantage - that is why I think that in about two or three years when it will start picking up dallas will be even more progressive?!
And as I read a lots of thinks here and online as a whole, I understand that the north part of dallas is good plac eto put my money.
I saw a beautiful brand new condo in gated comunity in richardson for 150k but the property tax + hoa= about $550 and the rent is about $1200 but even if i take the risk to borrow the rest oof the money I do not know is it possible to rent it and how fast, so that is why I want to work probbably with and agent and look for thet kind of propety a little bit north frisco McKinney r I like Plano and to find fomething similar but lower price (I am guessing iit is possible)
What do u think?
Vince
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas