Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2024, 03:15 PM

115 posts, read 109,288 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Anyone know or think if Rhome TX will be an up and coming and growing location with appreciated home values and shopping or will the grow to be slow?

Will Haslet, Justin have better appreciation and growth? Will Rhome be the new place to be for that area?

Would it be easy to find people who would want to move to Rhome?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2024, 04:24 PM

3,067 posts, read 8,405,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JlkajwlNsn View Post
Hi,

Anyone know or think if Rhome TX will be an up and coming and growing location with appreciated home values and shopping or will the grow to be slow?

Will Haslet, Justin have better appreciation and growth? Will Rhome be the new place to be for that area?

Would it be easy to find people who would want to move to Rhome?

Anything is possible but these I don't believe are fast growing and would be off a ways if at all. Most growth is happening to the North, East, and South of Dallas. Not really a large draw to Fort Worth yet.

Old 01-21-2024, 02:05 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,081,251 times
I really don't think you're going to find what you are looking for in north Texas the way it used to be. New construction is a poor investment in most cases simply due to the exponentially growing price gap between new and existing homes and current development patterns. If you want a new house, that's fine, but don't count on it for appreciation. That's not to say it won't, but it's highly unlikely we'll ever see anything to drive it. New construction is only going up in price so quickly because of a sudden mass influx of immigrants from India who want nothing but.

Old 01-21-2024, 03:34 PM

17 posts, read 10,383 times
Rhome is really far out. I know the sales in Reunion are definitely hurting. It's also somewhat blue collar out there. I believe those living there have their kids attend the worst rated schools in the district. Not sure if either is an issue for you. Haslet and Justin will be better options for sure. Check out Sweetgrass, although last I've seen, it is a 3.1% tax rate with the PID, which is high for DFW. Justin has Wildflower Ranch but I think the builders are sold out for until the new phase opens, except for the remaining spec homes. Rhome might be a better option like 4-5 years from now.

Old 01-21-2024, 03:36 PM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
I really don't think you're going to find what you are looking for in north Texas the way it used to be. New construction is a poor investment in most cases simply due to the exponentially growing price gap between new and existing homes and current development patterns. If you want a new house, that's fine, but don't count on it for appreciation. That's not to say it won't, but it's highly unlikely we'll ever see anything to drive it. New construction is only going up in price so quickly because of a sudden mass influx of immigrants from India who want nothing but.
Please slow down a bit.
Haslet was a nice and sleepy town until Amazon moved in and Alliance expanded. Real estate prices tripled. We had one Indian dot couple in our neighborhood. Both extremely well educated and employed.
Would you mind to expand a bit on your half finished sentence about sudden influx of immigration from India who want nothing but?

Old 01-21-2024, 04:47 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Rhome is a long way out there, and far from any job centers other than Alliance area. The only highways are 114 and 287, and they get really busy during peak times.

Old 01-22-2024, 08:00 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,048,957 times
I drive through that area almost every weekend. Justin is up and coming. Many neighborhoods starting to be built. Cant tell yet but looks to be more of beginner homes. Also if it bothers you, there is heavy train traffic in Justin and parts of Rhome.

Old 01-23-2024, 07:43 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,081,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Please slow down a bit.
Haslet was a nice and sleepy town until Amazon moved in and Alliance expanded. Real estate prices tripled. We had one Indian dot couple in our neighborhood. Both extremely well educated and employed.
Would you mind to expand a bit on your half finished sentence about sudden influx of immigration from India who want nothing but?
It's simple. They only want new houses. They are buying up the vast majority of new neighborhoods being built. They won't buy existing homes, especially if they aren't recently built. Whether well-educated and employed isn't the point, but I'm not going to get on my soap box about that here.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:40 AM

95 posts, read 69,486 times
in addition to wanting new or like new, many will only consider north facing and east facing only. that takes away half the homes on the market.

new home builders can also offer rate buydowns/reductions/ARM's that an existing home cannot. saving 2% on an interest rate those new homes will continue to be appealing even if further out.

i think it will be years before Rhome is anything as others have stated.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:12 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
It's simple. They only want new houses. They are buying up the vast majority of new neighborhoods being built. They won't buy existing homes, especially if they aren't recently built. Whether well-educated and employed isn't the point, but I'm not going to get on my soap box about that here.

You are back on your tread mill about old houses, small cars and cubby hole rooms:>)
There is a segment of Indian dot buyers but they are not buying up the vast majority of new homes in the DFW market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas