Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 08:34 PM

11 posts, read 32,735 times

Advertisements

Hello, helpful community members - I am newish to the area, living in Flower Mound. He has lived in Dallas for a few years - "M streets"? - and had never been North to the burbs. We are meeting around 4 or 4:30 pm on a weekday for a drink and maaaaaaaaybe dinner if the first part goes well. So let's focus on the drinks. The question is location.

We want to compromise and meet somewhere in between so that neither of us has to drive 40+ mins, but this is uncharted territory for both of us, and I have no idea what entertaining, charming areas for a first date lie between Dallas and Flower Mound. Where would you suggest? Looking for something classy and not a dive. Would love a place with a bit of edge or character as well. Beer, wine (the good stuff), cocktails, scotch...

Google Maps was my first stop, but it really seems like the area in-between is quite suburban and not particularly cute. I am despair! At this rate, it seems our best options might be either for him to come up to Grapevine closer to me (Main Street), or for me to just bite the bullet and head into Dallas.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Lulu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 10:59 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,448,551 times
I'll bite

This is a really cool spot...its somewhat midways between you two. The good thing is you can do both in one spot.(less driving during rush hour)

Spirit Grill

Old 11-08-2019, 11:03 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,448,551 times
This is also a good option.

https://www.yardhouse.com/locations/...c-factory/8367

Old 11-09-2019, 04:28 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Another suggestion:
https://www.theranchlc.com/

Old 11-09-2019, 04:36 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Legacy area, Legacy West

Old 11-09-2019, 05:17 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,989 times
OP-Looking at your posting history, you appear to be in your mid 30s. Why did you choose Flower Mound as your initial place to live as a single and unattached woman? My guess is that you got a job in a far flung suburb. Single women have a little bit more freedom as to where they can live as opposed to single men, who generally need to live in the center of the action in the city. Even with that said, Flower Mound is a bit of an unusual choice for the lifestyle of a single woman looking to date.

Flower Mound is definitely familyville. There's not much of a singles scene anywhere near Flower Mound. The Glass Cactus is the primary nightlife out there. You could get approached in your local grocery store, Grapevine Mills Mall, a coffee shop, a bookstore, the gym/fitness classes, etc. The kind of guys who do nonbar approaches generally are doing nonbar approaches closer to the central city. However, there might be some divorced guys in their 40s out there who might be doing some of that.

I'm curious how someone living in Flower Mound meets someone living in the M Streets of Dallas. Those lifestyles rarely cross paths in real life.

As for venues for a first date, Las Colinas seems like the midpoint and you got some suggestions there.

The better suggestions venue wise are closer to in Dallas. If you go closer to Dallas, there are some good date spots in Lower Greenville, and I would call the M Streets as part of Lower Greenville. Even some M Street/Lower Greenville adjacent areas like Uptown have some quality date spots.

It is my hope for your sake that you are in a long term living situation in Flower Mound and can move to an area that is more conducive for dating. The apartments in Las Colinas are known as hubs for 40-50 year old divorced men, which could be part of your dating pool. Never married, childless men in their 30s and early 40s tend to live in Dallas.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:41 AM

11 posts, read 32,735 times
Thank you, all. Looks like Las Colinas is a viable option, particularly the shopping area where The Ranch is located.

Didn't realise there is a Four Seasons in Las Colinas as well. Any thoughts on their lobby bar? I do enjoy a nice hotel bar, though I suppose I wouldn't want to be sending the wrong message for a first date...

RJ312, I appreciate your observations about living location. I wouldn't say dating is a priority, more just trying to meet people and make friends, but I get where you are coming from. Trying to keep it under 40 minutes to Denton. Flower Mound is definitely more suburban than I am used to, but I have found a few pockets of livlier, pedestrian-friendly areas for dining and entertainment (Lakeside DFW, Grapevine, Southlake town center). I have not been to Glass Cactus. Still getting my bearings and learning the Metroplex. I looked at apartments downtown Dallas, but at the time did not find the area interesting enough to make it worth the extra commute. I might look Uptown in the future -- seems to have more of a "village" feel, which is what I prefer.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:07 AM

1,185 posts, read 749,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
OP-Looking at your posting history, you appear to be in your mid 30s. Why did you choose Flower Mound as your initial place to live as a single and unattached woman? My guess is that you got a job in a far flung suburb. Single women have a little bit more freedom as to where they can live as opposed to single men, who generally need to live in the center of the action in the city. Even with that said, Flower Mound is a bit of an unusual choice for the lifestyle of a single woman looking to date.

Flower Mound is definitely familyville. There's not much of a singles scene anywhere near Flower Mound. The Glass Cactus is the primary nightlife out there. You could get approached in your local grocery store, Grapevine Mills Mall, a coffee shop, a bookstore, the gym/fitness classes, etc. The kind of guys who do nonbar approaches generally are doing nonbar approaches closer to the central city. However, there might be some divorced guys in their 40s out there who might be doing some of that.

I'm curious how someone living in Flower Mound meets someone living in the M Streets of Dallas. Those lifestyles rarely cross paths in real life.

As for venues for a first date, Las Colinas seems like the midpoint and you got some suggestions there.

The better suggestions venue wise are closer to in Dallas. If you go closer to Dallas, there are some good date spots in Lower Greenville, and I would call the M Streets as part of Lower Greenville. Even some M Street/Lower Greenville adjacent areas like Uptown have some quality date spots.

It is my hope for your sake that you are in a long term living situation in Flower Mound and can move to an area that is more conducive for dating. The apartments in Las Colinas are known as hubs for 40-50 year old divorced men, which could be part of your dating pool. Never married, childless men in their 30s and early 40s tend to live in Dallas.
****ing creep post bro.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:09 AM

1,185 posts, read 749,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Legacy area, Legacy West
This right here. OP.

Don’t go Las Colinas, it’s a traffic nightmare around that time getting there from both sides.

4:30, There’s a ton of places in Legacy and if it goes to dinner there’s even more.

If it goes sideways, there’s super easy outs for both of you.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:45 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,285,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Legacy area, Legacy West
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
This right here. OP.

Don’t go Las Colinas, it’s a traffic nightmare around that time getting there from both sides.

4:30, There’s a ton of places in Legacy and if it goes to dinner there’s even more.

If it goes sideways, there’s super easy outs for both of you.
Legacy West is easily 60+ minute drive from M Streets, even at 3:30 or 4pm on a weekday. Las Colinas is kind of dull but makes a lot more sense for both of them as a “middle” ground. Or Design District If OP wants to drive a little further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: