Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2017, 07:35 PM

25 posts, read 29,815 times

Advertisements

Recently I came across a community in Lantana, Texas. Has anyone heard of Cal atlantic builders ? They are building a number of communities here. They have decent schools in Argyle school district. This place is approximate 18 miles from the DFW airport. The only issue I see is that there is no freeway to this place and one has to go 8 miles on inner roads. If anyone is familiar with this area and builder please share your views. Thanks in advance for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 09:12 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,267,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHomeInDallas View Post
Recently I came across a community in Lantana, Texas. Has anyone heard of Cal atlantic builders ? They are building a number of communities here. They have decent schools in Argyle school district. This place is approximate 18 miles from the DFW airport. The only issue I see is that there is no freeway to this place and one has to go 8 miles on inner roads. If anyone is familiar with this area and builder please share your views. Thanks in advance for your time.
One of my friend's parents live in Double Oak which is across Justin Road from Lantana. It's a nice area, the "Shops and Highland Village" has most shopping you might need. My buddy's dad works for one of the Airlines, so he commutes to DFW. I think he said it is usually under 30 min.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
One of my friend's parents live in Double Oak which is across Justin Road from Lantana. It's a nice area, the "Shops and Highland Village" has most shopping you might need. My buddy's dad works for one of the Airlines, so he commutes to DFW. I think he said it is usually under 30 min.
Thanks so this information my friend. Have a great week ahead!

Old 12-17-2017, 09:50 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
If you want Lantana, buy a Highland home. Much better quality.

I have many clients who work in Las Colinas or the Airport who work in Lantana.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you want Lantana, buy a Highland home. Much better quality.

I have many clients who work in Las Colinas or the Airport who work in Lantana.
Thanks for your response. I believe Highland home - 1413 Haverford Ln.
Lantana, TX 76226 are little far compared to Cal Atlantic from Irving or DFW. Also Cal Atlantic Barrington 50's are cheaper compared to highland homes Barrington 50's. Therefore, I am little more inclined towards Cal Atlantic. Then CalAtlantic also has better Argyle high school - rating is 8 compared to Guyer High School with a rating of 6.

Once again really appreciate your suggestion.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:00 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,490,458 times
Lantana is a neat place if the commute works for you.
If I remember right it is 22miles from the entrance on 407 to MacArthur and 114.
Can be a long drive if you are doing that business hours.

Schools are mostly Denton ISD not Argyle. At least for elementary and middle they should be pretty good schools with other students in the neighborhood. High School for now is bigger and encompasses many more neighborhoods and cities.

Argyle is a great school district. Lots of people like it. In the general area, but does not cover most of Lantana.

Cal Atlantic can be a great builder. Always have a realtor with any builder and make sure they work together with you to keep an eye on the building process.

I think Lantana can be a nice balance of new home, price, neighborhood. Negative is probably drive depending on where you work.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:52 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Just my opinion but no way would I buy a CA home personally.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Just my opinion but no way would I buy a CA home personally.
Thanks for your response. Are there any good real estate agents who could help with getting cash back in this area ?

Old 12-26-2017, 04:00 AM

18 posts, read 25,597 times
Standard Pacific used to be a great dfw builder, in my opinion the new merged company isn’t as good. Not sure how merger with Lennar will impact them. Follows other mass builders of cutting corners on things not easily seen. Unfortunate this is a DFW problem with a lot of builders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas