Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:02 AM

578 posts, read 480,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And the NFL would sue them in a heartbeat...and win in a heartbeat.
If you are so confident on the check and balance of our current system, then why are you so concerned that POTUS will have any "hiring and firing power in businesses"? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
It seems that you believe Trump is a tyrant and will exert his power on private business, while at the same time you also believe none of the evil tricks would work and resistance will eventually win.
However, all trump did so far is just twittering and talking, which he has been doing for a year. He didn't even use IRS, unlike what Obama did to tea party groups, which is still being debated in a lawsuit and a federal judge recently ordered IRS to reveal documents.
I can see there are complex political effect and the result will be known in midterm soon, but I can't see Trump did anything legally or morally wrong in this issue. He just picked his side. I do agree there are more important things he should look at, such as why someone from Sudan just shot and slaughtered people in a Tennessee church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Someone who equates racial equality with anal sex is not someone I'm going to continue to engage in discussion.
How come? Is some equalities more equal than other equalities?
Some elementary schools are teaching anal sex and oral sex as planned parenthood curriculum, which I believe is too early for kids, no matter how people think of planned parenthood. Racial equality issues are complicated and shouldn't be taught to young kids either.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:18 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,187,377 times
Seriously, it's never too early to teach racial equality. In fact, we corrupt children's minds with our bigotry and introduce them to racial inequality even though all children are born believing in equality as a natural thing. It's very simple until adults make it complex for them.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Seriously, it's never too early to teach racial equality. In fact, we corrupt children's minds with our bigotry and introduce them to racial inequality even though all children are born believing in equality as a natural thing. It's very simple until adults make it complex for them.
But how would you define "racial equality"?
I fully (100%) agree that Martin Luther King's idea of color-blind society should be taught to all kids as early as possible. It's like a simple natural law as obvious as "Thou shalt not steal".

In reality though, the "racial equality" we are talking about is much more complicated.
BLM vs ALM, which one is closer to ”racial equality“?
Does affirmative action represent ”racial equality“, or the opposite?
"White people pay less for car insurance". Does “racial equality” means we should adjust the insurance premium, so that all races pay the same statistically?
Does "racial equality" means there should be reparation payments based on race?
(U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...says-u-n-panel)

Try explaining these questions to your young kids and tell them these million-dollar football players are fighting the "racial inequality" by disrespecting the flag.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:48 PM

537 posts, read 599,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegallyBlaque View Post
If you consider the racial injustices in our country political, then I would suggest you take a hard look at why you think that. Racial equality should be a bi-partisan issue. Shouldn't matter what you believe politically, if you truly believe that ALL deserve the same rights and respect.
Very few on either the right or the left believe that all people don't deserve the same rights and respect. That's not really the issue here. The issue is that many on the left consider the United States to be inherently racist and that racism has been ingrained in every (most) government and societal institution (thus justifying legislative and judicial action to correct it), whereas those on the right would usually disagree and opt for a hands-off approach for the government. Those on the right would generally argue that racism exists but it occurs at an individual level and that not all are guilty of it, rather than those on the left who would argue that racism is part of the very fabric of our country, laws, and society. Of course not all those on the left and right fully identify that way. For someone on the right, the free market is the best way to correct racism - if an institution is racist, the general public will shun it to the point it becomes bankrupt or irrelevant - if an individual is racist, you're free to ignore them. For someone on the left, if an institution is racist then the government should step in to correct it.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:16 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,774,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This thought comes to my mind:

"When you try to please everyone, you please no one."

I'm so sick of this crap. Play football, earn your millions from viewers like me, and leave politics out of it.
It was never about politics, it's about racial injustice.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:50 AM

125 posts, read 191,830 times
The funniest thing about racial equality is that minorities are more racist towards each other than Caucasians are.

The only thing that hard public political stances do is create conflict and entrench sides. The nfl are the ultimate losers in this since the vast majority of Americans are disgusted by their actions.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:15 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,187,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbyK View Post
The funniest thing about racial equality is that minorities are more racist towards each other than Caucasians are.

The only thing that hard public political stances do is create conflict and entrench sides. The nfl are the ultimate losers in this since the vast majority of Americans are disgusted by their actions.
It's not funny but sad and everyone should think about their own shortcomings and work on being better people. Caucasians or Asian or European or African, there are people in every group who can change perceptions within and join hands with well intended folks of other groups. I mean seriously, wars, diseases, natural disasters, accidents, aging, poverty etc etc so many enemies of humans are there to be tackled, we can't afford to waste our energy on fighting each other. It's shallow, senselessly stupid and sad,

I think first time in years NFL did something right and most people are happy about it. We can't end racism or make everyone a better person but we sure can make changes for better, creat an environment where being a racist is something to be ashamed of not something to be proud of. Go out this morning and try to be friendly with someone who looks diffrent and you feel skeptic about. National night out is coming, get to know a neighbor you see on your street. One step forward!

Last edited by UnfairPark; 09-29-2017 at 06:30 AM..

Old 09-29-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
It's not funny but sad and everyone should think about their own shortcomings and work on being better people. Caucasians or Asian or European or African, there are people in every group who can change perceptions within and join hands with well intended folks of other groups. I mean seriously, wars, diseases, natural disasters, accidents, aging, poverty etc etc so many enemies of humans are there to be tackled, we can't afford to waste our energy on fighting each other. It's shallow, senselessly stupid and sad,

I think first time in years NFL did something right and most people are happy about it. We can't end racism or make everyone a better person but we sure can make changes for better, creat an environment where being a racist is something to be ashamed of not something to be proud of. Go out this morning and try to be friendly with someone who looks diffrent and you feel skeptic about. National night out is coming, get to know a neighbor you see on your street. One step forward!
I cannot connect the dots. What do kneeling or your broad love-love statements have anything to do with the real world issue?

Besides hardcore KKK, very few nowadays are trying to actively discriminate against people in other races.
Colleges and med schools are open to African American students with a much lower standard of admission. More and more companies are having a diversified employment office.
Caucasians don't intentionally move to downtown to bully the African neighborhood there, but they flee to suburbs instead. There are of course passive discrimination in our daily life, which will always be there. They may make people feel uncomfortable but seldom do they make people really suffer, and most time they are economic not racial.

Almost no one want black communities to fail either. Talking of affirmative actions, many people do believe it is offering black communities a path to recovery and prosperity, even if it is not racially equal, but at the same time something need to be done inside the black communities, and to change the intrinsic culture (this kind of thoughts, discussions, and research are banned in our colleges by the way). You cannot blame everything to cops, systems, and this nation.

Obama was unique, a real chance to fix the deadlock. As an former community organizer, he knows all these issues inside the community and he could have tremendous influence. He failed miserably and only made things worse. Now many people are just becoming apathy, if not sick and tired of the current chaos. Trumpism is an effect not a cause.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:52 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,774,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
Besides hardcore KKK, very few nowadays are trying to actively discriminate against people in other races.
I stopped reading after this BS line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbyK View Post
The funniest thing about racial equality is that minorities are more racist towards each other than Caucasians are..
You can't believe everything you read on stormfront/breitbart.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:06 PM

24 posts, read 26,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I stopped reading after this BS line.

You can't believe everything you read on stormfront/breitbart.
Thank you! I didn't have the energy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas