Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 11:01 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,172,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy_family View Post
I'd check out Southlake (Carroll ISD), Lucas/Fairview (Lovejoy ISD). Also curious why you would look at Prosper and not Frisco. Prosper will be growing a lot in the next few years and will be very similar to Frisco with the rezoning. Argyle will stay small (the school district is about 11 square miles). Wylie seems like the one that doesn't fit with the other three... Flower Mound, Argyle and Prosper are all nicer than Wylie and have much higher rated schools. Of the four you listed I would lean toward Argyle. I prefer the smaller districts and larger lots. Argyle is mostly zoned for 1-3 acres.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/TX/districtrank.aspx

The Wylie on the link ranked 15th is in Abilene and not the Wylie in Collin County.

Call all 4 schools and arrange a visit to the elementary and possible the high school (if you plan on staying long term).
Prosper is already turning into Frisco as they are expecting boom in SFH construction and apartments, Prosper is adding another high school and they are expecting to have 6 more by the time they reach full capacity. Frisco has 10,000 multi story apartments in pipeline and zoning for 27,000 garden apartments is in place. Prosper isn't going to stay big lot and single high school place that it used to be. Good news for their residents is expected influx of retail to support population growth, they lacked good retail.

Argyle is still rural and quaint but it would be a painful commute to airports. Flower mound is also evolving to look like Frisco but for OP's needs it would be better than Wylie. Lucas isn't good commute but still a rural vibe, guessing still using septic tanks instead of proper sewerage lines.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 01:35 PM

117 posts, read 150,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Prosper is already turning into Frisco as they are expecting boom in SFH construction and apartments, Prosper is adding another high school and they are expecting to have 6 more by the time they reach full capacity. Frisco has 10,000 multi story apartments in pipeline and zoning for 27,000 garden apartments is in place. Prosper isn't going to stay big lot and single high school place that it used to be. Good news for their residents is expected influx of retail to support population growth, they lacked good retail.

Argyle is still rural and quaint but it would be a painful commute to airports. Flower mound is also evolving to look like Frisco but for OP's needs it would be better than Wylie. Lucas isn't good commute but still a rural vibe, guessing still using septic tanks instead of proper sewerage lines.
The Lovejoy part of Fairview and all of Lucas are on septic. I'm pretty sure Argyle is all septic also. I've had two houses on septic and two on sewer and there is very little difference. The house and plumbing function the same on both systems and I find the overall cost to be higher on sewer.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:01 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,172,957 times
I can also drill for my own gas and dig a well for my own water but I would rather pay a little fee than deal with an additional headache. Your mileage may vary. However, if city doesn't offer sewer system then one has no choice. Here are some pros and cons for ones interested, research before you realize it's too late.

What is the Difference Between a Septic System and a Sewer System? -

Old 07-13-2017, 09:06 AM

1,315 posts, read 2,679,924 times
Quote:
I'd check out Southlake (Carroll ISD), Lucas/Fairview (Lovejoy ISD). Also curious why you would look at Prosper and not Frisco. Prosper will be growing a lot in the next few years and will be very similar to Frisco with the rezoning. Argyle will stay small (the school district is about 11 square miles). Wylie seems like the one that doesn't fit with the other three... Flower Mound, Argyle and Prosper are all nicer than Wylie and have much higher rated schools. Of the four you listed I would lean toward Argyle. I prefer the smaller districts and larger lots. Argyle is mostly zoned for 1-3 acres.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/TX/districtrank.aspx

The Wylie on the link ranked 15th is in Abilene and not the Wylie in Collin County.

Call all 4 schools and arrange a visit to the elementary and possible the high school (if you plan on staying long term).
Frisco and Prosper have nothing in common other than being located next to one another.Different housing stock,different zoning.Celina is the next Frisco,not Prosper.Frisco will be roughly 300,000 people at build-out and Celina will be even bigger.Prosper is 22.8 square miles and will be roughly 65,000 people at build-out.Land cost in Prosper has skyrocketed since about 2010 and there is not a lot left that is unspoken for,22.8 miles is not a lrage area.Prosper is a medium sized town and Frisco is a mega city.Both great places to live,but different...

Old 07-19-2017, 07:26 PM

139 posts, read 171,618 times
Quote:
I've had two houses on septic and two on sewer and there is very little difference. The house and plumbing function the same on both systems and I find the overall cost to be higher on sewer.
I've had both. Can tell no difference really. However, septic is definitely higher in my experience especially once you factor in repair costs and pumping every few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: