Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 10:58 AM

35 posts, read 102,654 times

Advertisements

Whichever Financial Adviser you select, ask him or her a simple question: "Will you act as my Fiduciary"?

An Adviser who says yes, will act in your best interests instead of trying to provide misleading advice to maximize his commission.

If the adviser says yes, ask for a simple confirmation by email:
"I will act as your Fiduciary as defined by US Department of Labor Investment Advice, 81 Fed. Reg. 20946 ."

If the adviser says no, find another one.

Do this quickly before the Trump Administration repeals the rule.

And no, I'm not a Democrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 03:25 PM

450 posts, read 556,904 times
None.

www.vanguard.com

Old 03-03-2017, 06:57 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,568,969 times
Quote:
None.

www.vanguard.com
I mean, hey that is the ideal, but sometimes you need a lot help to get going!

Old 03-04-2017, 03:05 PM

96 posts, read 151,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Agree 150%!

Old 03-08-2017, 04:31 PM

6 posts, read 6,456 times
My wife works for a small fiduciary Wealth Management company. They deal with many clients with under 1-2M asset. Pm me if you need her info.

I agree Vanguard is good and low cost, but if you want to invest in for example DFA (Dimensional Fund), you will need a financial advisor. DFA actually beats Vanguard in the last 10 years or so.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:29 PM

19,910 posts, read 18,193,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Did you read Warren Buffett's letter to B-H stockholders regarding Jack Bogle? He more or less labels Jack Bogle a hero and then walks through a bet he made with another guy about fee based v. no-fee/ultra low fee based investing.

The Arena for Accountable Predictions - Long Bets

I'll try to find the letter and link it.

Warren Buffett's words................Can't find a copyable letter. Here's a snippet.........

If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the handsdown choice should be Jack Bogle. For decades, Jack has urged investors to invest in ultra-low-cost index funds. In his crusade, he amassed only a tiny percentage of the wealth that has typically flowed to managers who have promised their investors large rewards while delivering them nothing – or, as in our bet, less than nothing – of added value.

In his early years, Jack was frequently mocked by the investment-management industry. Today, however, he has the satisfaction of knowing that he helped millions of investors realize far better returns on their savings than they otherwise would have earned. He is a hero to them and to me.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:09 AM

631 posts, read 887,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Did you read Warren Buffett's letter to B-H stockholders regarding Jack Bogle? He more or less labels Jack Bogle a hero and then walks through a bet he made with another guy about fee based v. no-fee/ultra low fee based investing.

The Arena for Accountable Predictions - Long Bets

I'll try to find the letter and link it.

Warren Buffett's words................Can't find a copyable letter. Here's a snippet.........

If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the handsdown choice should be Jack Bogle. For decades, Jack has urged investors to invest in ultra-low-cost index funds. In his crusade, he amassed only a tiny percentage of the wealth that has typically flowed to managers who have promised their investors large rewards while delivering them nothing – or, as in our bet, less than nothing – of added value.

In his early years, Jack was frequently mocked by the investment-management industry. Today, however, he has the satisfaction of knowing that he helped millions of investors realize far better returns on their savings than they otherwise would have earned. He is a hero to them and to me.
And he's putting his own money where his mouth is too.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-be...-idUSKBN1640F1

"In 2014, Buffett said he plans to put 90 percent of the money he leaves to his wife Astrid when he dies into an S&P 500 index fund, and 10 percent in government bonds."

It's kind of funny that this is coming from him, because it seems like one of the go to arguments that active managers make is "Look at Warren Buffett! His returns were way better than the market average!" To which I always want to channel Lloyd Bentsen in that Vice Presidential Debate and respond "You're no Warren Buffett".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas