Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 05:03 PM

11 posts, read 31,172 times

Advertisements

Can anyone offer me any information on Gainesville? Good or bad...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:38 PM

87 posts, read 374,012 times
Its a Floodzone. PC(USA) - Presbyterian Disaster Assistance - Texas Storms - April 25, 2007 report

Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,003 times
I moved here from North Richland Hills about 8 years ago. Although I like the cost of living here the schools are definately lagging behind in academics. Mostly they are centered on football. They were at one of the lowest levels last year and the state was going to take a stand. As an answer they taught the kids how to take the TAKS test. All of them had to attend whether or not they needed it and they cut at least one elective all regular classes were also shorten by I think 10 minutes to accomodate the new TAKS study taking place. When I bought the house in the town I was looking for a small town like I grew up in so that my children would be safe riding down the street and we would enjoy taking it a little slower. The crime rate in 1999 was a lot less than average then. Now it is above the crime rate is 473.7 and the national average is only 320.9. It has gotten like this the past 4 or 5 years. The employment market right now is very hard with most of this town being industrial. There have been a lot of layoffs and cut backs. Unless you are in a medical field or are willing to drive to Dallas please do not quit your job!! I hate to sound so negative as I have made a bunch of good friends and most of my neighbors are very sweet people. I guess it all depends on what you want and if you have kids. Lots of people live in GV and send their kids to Lindsay or Muenster which are wonderful schools. They are just expensive

Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 PM

164 posts, read 792,922 times
There is a place that sells good fried pies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas