Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:50 PM

6 posts, read 18,581 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with mixed use living areas on Plano and Frisco? The Plano one has a very popular area with stores, restaurants mixed with apartments and townhomes. And Frisco town square is now developing that area. But with the market the way it is, it looks like it's slowing down.
My question is for anyone living in those areas...or looking into moving there.

Also, I realize townhomes tend not to appreciate as much as traditional homes. But because of the location...with its easy access to stores, 'events', etc. will it be a better opportunity, you think? Although the parking can be a pain! You couldn't have a large party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 08:22 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,894,005 times
Garland also has an area w/ kind of an "urban setting" for residential at the mall. The apartments/condos just opened up a few months ago and they are already going strong. I think it would be a GREAT place to live as you would not have to get in your car to go for a nice walk outside since the mall is an open air mall. Go shop, dine & catch a movie w/o getting in your car. They have a nice sized parking garage and the way the setup is if you had a party w/ a lot of guests there is a TON of open parking in the parking lot right across the small interior street. No fear of getting a car towed by being parked on a side street or anything.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Plano and Frisco already have very low if any appreciation rates, even for single-family homes. Inside LBJ is three to four times higher at the minimum. There is the danger of overbuilding in central Dallas, but one recent Real Estate report for Oak Lawn showed values going up 97%. This is one of the smaller MLS areas so sales statistics sometimes are skewed - so be aware of that fact.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM

6 posts, read 18,581 times
My husband works in Allen. If we move, we'd like to be closer to his work. I saw that area (Frisco Square) and thought it was wonderful...and after I saw the website where they had listed weekly farmers market, storytelling events, etc. in the center, I thought it would be a neat place for a starting family to feel a sense of community. I've lived in my neighborhood (traditional homes) for 8 years now...only know my next door neighbor. That makes me sad. (I even took over cookies for the other neighbor...but they keep to themselves.) I'd love to live in Frisco Square...but wanted to make sure it would appreciate down the road. Hoping it was like the townhomes in Southlake's Town Square. I think those are going up nicely...and so are the ones off of the Tollway on Legacy. You can't even find a vacancy there! That's got to be a great investment...even if you are comparing it with traditional homes.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
Well I certainly wouldn't want to drive from Dallas to Allen every day. I don't think even DART rail goes that far north...so I guess I can't help you this time -- good luck to you.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,598,824 times
There's an open-air mall going in at Stacey and Central/75 right in Allen (and Fairview, depending on which side of Stacey). I used to live just down the street from there. It should be an option for you.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,473,607 times
I'd check the high number of foreclosures in Frisco Square townhomes. There have been issues there. Also the retail that was expected has not fully materialized. You might jump over to Frisco's website because there are folks over there who now what happened in Frisco Square. Frisco-Online Community Talk Forums (http://www.frisco-online.com/forum/index.cfm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: