Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:18 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,561 times

Advertisements

I am sure most of you been watching the news and have seen all the coverage the so called "swingers club", in Duncanville, has been recieving.

What is you opinion and or thoughts on this matter? Is it an issue that the City of Duncanville is wasting their time on? Or is it really a public threat?

In my opinion ......unless those people are doing what ever it is they do out in the open, than the city of Duncanville needs to quit playing BIG BROTHER.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:41 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,716 times
I could really care less what floats your boat, but I would be really irritated if I lived in that neighborhood and had all those cars parked and creating a hazard, not to mention the nuisance.

That is why we have HOAs in most places now.

Just my 2 cents

Old 11-19-2007, 12:58 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,561 times
Maybe they are using the "donations" they recieve to pay their HOA's. There was a statement I read that said something along the lines of, "noone complains when the cars from the church or ball game clogs the streets, whats the difference?"

Old 11-19-2007, 01:35 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,716 times
Well then I guess they have pretty lax HOA, I can't even have a car parked on the street in our neighborhood. What happens when an ambulance cant get down the street to a neighbor who needs urgent care? I guess they are just SOL. Kinda sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, but that is the ex-Californian in me

Old 11-19-2007, 08:24 AM

875 posts, read 1,092,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
I am sure most of you been watching the news and have seen all the coverage the so called "swingers club", in Duncanville, has been recieving.

What is you opinion and or thoughts on this matter? Is it an issue that the City of Duncanville is wasting their time on? Or is it really a public threat?

In my opinion ......unless those people are doing what ever it is they do out in the open, than the city of Duncanville needs to quit playing BIG BROTHER.
It's a fine line between imposing legal action on an activity, and making a choice to keep your community a moral place to live.

Clearly these people are operating a sexually based business in a residential neighborhood, whether they take "donations" or charge admission. It's no different than opening up a strip club - same calibur of people.

I wouldn't want to live next door to where there are mass orgies going on and sexually charged people walking around. It just doesn't make for a very safe environment, in my opinion.

In my experience, people who choose to take part in these types of activities have very low morals and standards, which also spills into other aspects of their lives.

I think they should be forced to close down, and move out into the sticks if they wish to keep on perving.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 AM

65 posts, read 314,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
It's a fine line between imposing legal action on an activity, and making a choice to keep your community a moral place to live.

Clearly these people are operating a sexually based business in a residential neighborhood, whether they take "donations" or charge admission. It's no different than opening up a strip club - same calibur of people.

I wouldn't want to live next door to where there are mass orgies going on and sexually charged people walking around. It just doesn't make for a very safe environment, in my opinion.

In my experience, people who choose to take part in these types of activities have very low morals and standards, which also spills into other aspects of their lives.

I think they should be forced to close down, and move out into the sticks if they wish to keep on perving.
I got news for you, plenty of normal, everyday, nice, hard working people are sexually charged and you'ld probably be surprised at what goes on in some of the bedrooms of your neighbors. I'm not a swinger, but what goes on between consenting adults in the privacy of someone's own home, as long as not laws are broken is not my or the city's business. If they're breaking ordinances with the parking issues, then that's the issue at hand...not what goes on in the house. If I wish to have an orgy at my house and invite people over to do so, sorry, but's that 's not against the law and as far as you know..you could have neighbors doing so right now. Some of the very ones you think share your high moral code.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,754,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
and making a choice to keep your community a moral place to live.
The big problem with this opinion is that morals aren't completely absolute. I am sure that the swingers don't consider swinging morally bad (neither do I). I know, the counter-argument is that murderers don't consider murder morally bad, but murder is illegal and someone loses a life involuntarily, so there is a big difference.

Swinging is alien to me but I understand that some people love to do this. As a counterexample, I find war, except for forced defense, morally reprehensible but still have to live with the majority who love war (e.g. had to sit through this awful "citizen soldier" propaganda video before a movie at AMC last Friday. Ugh. What a downer and not exactly making for a nice entertainment experience)

The reason why this is linked with safety (like you did in your post) is that swinging is taboo and forced into the shadows (usually). While I think that a place in a residential neighborhood is inappropriate (I also wouldn't want a McDonalds within a residential subdivision), I also think that if there is demand (and it isn't an illegal activity), it should be located in a convenient place (not the boonies) outside a residential zone.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txman View Post
I got news for you, plenty of normal, everyday, nice, hard working people are sexually charged and you'ld probably be surprised at what goes on in some of the bedrooms of your neighbors. I'm not a swinger, but what goes on between consenting adults in the privacy of someone's own home, as long as not laws are broken is not my or the city's business. If they're breaking ordinances with the parking issues, then that's the issue at hand...not what goes on in the house. If I wish to have an orgy at my house and invite people over to do so, sorry, but's that 's not against the law and as far as you know..you could have neighbors doing so right now. Some of the very ones you think share your high moral code.
LOL no, that's not big news to me. I haven't lived under a rock somewhere, I know what goes on. I used the term "sexually charged" because obviously people would be more so, if arriving to, and leaving from a sexual event. That's common sense.

It's a sad state we're in when we decide "anything goes" because we can't step on anyone's toes. Some things are just WRONG, and if people don't step up and take some kind of stand against them, it affects everyone.

An event the size as they had going on, is definately wrong, and was being done in the wrong place - if it even has to happen at all.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
The big problem with this opinion is that morals aren't completely absolute. I am sure that the swingers don't consider swinging morally bad (neither do I). I know, the counter-argument is that murderers don't consider murder morally bad, but murder is illegal and someone loses a life involuntarily, so there is a big difference.

Swinging is alien to me but I understand that some people love to do this. As a counterexample, I find war, except for forced defense, morally reprehensible but still have to live with the majority who love war (e.g. had to sit through this awful "citizen soldier" propaganda video before a movie at AMC last Friday. Ugh. What a downer and not exactly making for a nice entertainment experience)

The reason why this is linked with safety (like you did in your post) is that swinging is taboo and forced into the shadows (usually).

While I think that a place in a residential neighborhood is inappropriate (I also wouldn't want a McDonalds within a residential subdivision), I also think that if there is demand (and it isn't an illegal activity), it should be located in a convenient place (not the boonies) outside a residential zone.
Swingers don't consider it morally wrong because they have never been taught morals, and therefore have none.

Like I said, it's a safety issue because of the calibur of people it attracts. Look at the two hosts, they don't exactly look like high class people.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:30 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,146,402 times
If it wasn't for the nuisance of all those cars cluttering the street, I wouldn't care if the place stayed open forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas