Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 PM

31 posts, read 47,896 times

Advertisements

My daughter is 2 years 8 months old and I am looking for a preschool with an excellent curriculum in Coppell area.
Any suggestions/advice/reviews appreciated. If they have spanish in the curriculum would be great.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 09:30 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,554,983 times
I'm interested to see responses to these too. I have heard wonderful things about the Stringfellow School, but do know getting in can be difficult. A coworker has a sister who sends her kids there and she waited in her car there overnight before enrollment to make sure her kids got spots.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:09 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,745,747 times
You can't go wrong with Primrose or St Ann's. Both have a strong curriculum and a great reputation.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:35 PM

94 posts, read 204,332 times
How do you define "best?"

I have friends at Spanish Schoolhouse. It's full Spanish immersion. That's a good option if you really want Spanish.

More friends at Coppell Montessori Academy and Apostles Day School (which is also a Montessori), also very happy there. I don't think either offers Spanish, though.

I've heard great things about Stringfellow School and Coppell Child Development Center. Both are part-time, though, so if you need full-time care, they probably won't work for you. (The others I mentioned all offer part-time and full-time options.)

There are tons more options, lots of church-based preschools, lots of daycare centers with preschool programs, etc. You can search the DFPS website for "All Center Based Care" and "Preschool" and "Coppell" to find more, and visit and see what you think: DFPS Search for Child Care Center or Home

Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I have friends at Spanish Schoolhouse. It's full Spanish immersion. That's a good option if you really want Spanish.
Ran by there the other day--I think it is closed. There is a new sign in front of the building.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 PM

94 posts, read 204,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
Ran by there the other day--I think it is closed. There is a new sign in front of the building.
Hmmm, the website is still showing a location in Coppell, at what I believe was the same address as previously. And we just saw our friends who have/had their son there last weekend (and we spent all Memorial Day weekend with them) and they didn't mention anything about it closing. And I talk school stuff with the mom all the time, so I would think she would say something if they had had to move schools.

I guess I better figure out what's up because I was going to enroll my older two kids at their summer camp for part of this summer

Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 PM

953 posts, read 1,829,978 times
Creme de la creme

Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 AM

155 posts, read 502,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Texas View Post
Hmmm, the website is still showing a location in Coppell, at what I believe was the same address as previously. And we just saw our friends who have/had their son there last weekend (and we spent all Memorial Day weekend with them) and they didn't mention anything about it closing. And I talk school stuff with the mom all the time, so I would think she would say something if they had had to move schools.

I guess I better figure out what's up because I was going to enroll my older two kids at their summer camp for part of this summer
I drove by last night on the way home and didn't see anything different. It still has the Spanish schoolhouse sign in the building and everything looked normal to me, so I think it's business as usual.

There is another day care nearby on Moore road that has a new sign and work underway, maybe that was what msooner was referencing?

Old 06-09-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
There is another day care nearby on Moore road that has a new sign and work underway, maybe that was what msooner was referencing?
You're right--my bad!

Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,458 times
Coppell Child Development Center!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: