Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:47 AM

983 posts, read 4,442,537 times

Advertisements

Can I add my 2 cents for what it's worth? It amazes me when folks say their home got broken into and then they all start fleeing the neighborhood because that is an indicator that it is going down hill. Homes get broken into in some of the most exclusive neighborhoods all over. Criminals have no boundaries. I consider my neighborhood to be a nice suburb of L.A. county. But do I see some graffitti on a trash bin, or a wall every now and then? YES. Does it mean the neighborhood is going to pot? NO. Is it annoying that these idiots come thru my city and want to leave their mark. YES

Sometimes I think people make a mountain out of a mole hill and are too controlled by fear and rumors. If you live in a great community and a few bad apples are trying to wreak havoc it is up to the community to say NOT HERE, IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN! There is more power in numbers and the good citizens outnumber the bad. When citizens, the police dept and the DA unite to combat these issues there will be positive results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 08:36 AM

109 posts, read 398,546 times
Well, I'm sorry I started this "racial" string of posts, but this issue is one of the things I am passionate about. It sickens me when I talk to some of my white "friends" who have moved or are thinking about moving from Mesquite and I ask them why. They usually say "Well, I didn't like the way the neighborhood was turning out. Know what I mean? *wink* *wink*."

I have never heard of ANY problems at Mesquite schools since I have been here. Do the schools have their share of bad apples? Sure, as all schools do. You may have a few "thug" type kids in Mesquite schools. In Rockall or Highland park you have rich kids who are looking for ways to spend their parent's money, so they buy drugs or have sex parties. I would hope my child would choose to stay away from any of those things.

ChristieP - you are completely off-track. It is people like you who give Mesquite a bad name, not the minorities. You come to get your hair cut in Mesquite for an hour once every 6 weeks, and you are "familiar" with the city? North Mesquite is "gang-land"?? When was the last time you were there? I'm not saying there are 0 gangs, but it is not widespread. I assure you, just because a kid is black or hispanic or has a tatoo, it doesn't mean he is in a gang. I have 2 co-workers whose daughters go to Horn & N.Mesquite, and guess what, neither of them have ever been shot at school!....actually they loved the schools. People like you are the kind that we don't want back in the city. Also, please stay off these posts about Mesquite spreading false information that you know nothing about.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM

216 posts, read 444,501 times
This thread is old as dirt, but it made me laugh. Danger only has meaning to the eye of the beholder. Does Mesquite have a few rough kids here and there? Like every where else in the world, yes. Is Mesquite a dangerous place to live? Not at all.

If anything, the worst part about Mesquite is the blue laws here. I'm more worried about how long it takes me to get to a liquor store or bar than I am somebody breaking into my north Mesquite home. I live by Eastfield College in a neighborhood that feeds into North Mesquite High School. It is notoriously the worst high school in Mesquite. At the end of the day though, I've yet to experience any crime here. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:45 AM

115 posts, read 541,436 times
Hi, I was wondering, Is the area off military parkway a bad area. I was looking into buying a house in the Idlewyld Sudivision. Anyone know anything about that location? And why don't Mesquite have any public transportation?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:23 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,616,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKI View Post
Hi, I was wondering, Is the area off military parkway a bad area. I was looking into buying a house in the Idlewyld Sudivision. Anyone know anything about that location? And why don't Mesquite have any public transportation?
The Military Parkway area is highly diverse; lots of poor neighborhoods with a couple of pockets of newer development. When DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) was conceived, each area city was given the option of either joining or not. The people of Mesquite chose not to join (Arlington too). Most people there consider it a wise decision.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 AM

216 posts, read 444,501 times
I'm glad we don't have the buses in Mesquite, but I'd kill for a light rail line near my neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas