Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:12 AM

119 posts, read 352,631 times

Advertisements

The rumors are true: We love our restaurants and movie theaters. But how do we work off the indulgences in such hot weather? What if the local gym routine has become a drag?

I passed a neon sign called COSMIC JUMP near McKinney the other day. The website depicts it as a warehouse covered wall-to-wall in trampolines. Could be fun! I sure hope so, because "if it isn't fun, it isn't getting done".

I think I'll give it a go this week. Anyone else into "fun"-xercises? I guess indoor rock climbing would also qualify (Summit in Grapevine was enjoyable). Reply if you have a suggestion for breaking out of the usual routine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 05:10 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,325,114 times
They have a place called Jump Street on 75 near Meadow Road; I'm tempted to try it but the place is probably full of kids. :-(

Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,175,976 times
In terms of trampoline parks, there's also Jumpstreet in Plano and North Dallas. jumpstreet® | indoor trampoline park

You might also try one of the Crossfit training studios that have popped up across the Metroplex for a total body workout. CrossFit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or take up krav maga, an intense Israeli martial art form: Voted #1: Krav Maga DFW Self-defense

Old 07-03-2012, 06:07 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,989,778 times
^^
I was going to say Muay Thai.
That is fun and will get you in shape.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:56 AM

663 posts, read 1,726,203 times
The most in-shape I've ever been was back when I had time to wakeboard at least 2-3 times per week. There are lakes all around the Dallas area. I know Ray Hubbard does boat rentals. I'm sure some of the other ones do, too. Or you could hit up the wakeboard cable park in Ft Worth (Cowtown Wakepark). There was also a cable park planned for south Dallas but I think that ended up falling apart.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,989,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
The most in-shape I've ever been was back when I had time to wakeboard at least 2-3 times per week. There are lakes all around the Dallas area. I know Ray Hubbard does boat rentals. I'm sure some of the other ones do, too. Or you could hit up the wakeboard cable park in Ft Worth (Cowtown Wakepark). There was also a cable park planned for south Dallas but I think that ended up falling apart.
There is a cable park in Allen. I forgot the name, but you can Google it.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 AM

472 posts, read 1,099,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
Lake Lewisville does rentals too, and some boats include the boards.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 AM

112 posts, read 315,157 times
Allen's wake park
Hydrous Wake Park in Allen, Texas, serving the Dallas and Ft. Worth metroplex, awarded best wakeboarding cable park by Unleashed Magazine, Summer camps, wakeskate, waterski, kneeboard

There is a skate park near there if you're into skating at all also.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,332,591 times
Try one of the excellent mountain biking trails around the area. It sounds like you're in the northern suburbs, so I would recommend hitting Northshore on the northern shore of Lake Grapevine (Northshore | Dallas Trails), if you have a little experience. That site has links to the other trails in the area, including some beginner trails (Rowlett Creek in Garland for example) that you could try first. Most bike shops in the area will rent mountain bikes (including helmets).

All you'll need are some cycle gloves and probably a hydration pack (you will definitely sweat). If you get going in the morning, the heat is not bad at all - most of the trail is in shade.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,175,976 times
^What TriumphoftheSpirit and, if you don't mind traveling, the trails in Oak Cliff are quite good as well.

Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Dallas Trail Reviews

And Big Cedar is worth checking out as well.

http://www.mountainbiketx.com/texas/...2/bigcedar.php

Last edited by TrueDat; 07-03-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas