Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 04:17 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,766,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
What is Keller like? Is it a good area? We drove up to Dallas for the weekend and have scouted around a lot of these areas. Also for commute would Carrolton be to far? Do they have decent schools? Liked the older neighborhoods in that area. THANK You again for all your help. We really do not know much about the area and you are helping us a lot!
PS. Loved Coppell!
Keller has good schools and is near Southlake (out of your price range) which offers great shopping. I think its too much of a commute with so many great communities closer to Las Colinas. But you will find newer homes there and probably will get more house for your money. There's still a lot of new construction in far Northwest Tarrant County...so when you sell you will have to compete with lots of newer homes.

Carrollton is not a terrible commute to Las Colinas. Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD is not as highly rated as the other towns recommended to you. However there is a planned community in Carrollton called Castle Hills that is served by exemplary schools. The community provides funds to schools that serve Castle Hills; the Lewisville ISD serves Castle Hills.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...lslid=11684746

There are many fans of Castle Hills. I don't have any first hand knowledge of it -- have only driven by the entry and it reminds me of DisneyLand. I think the price ranges of homes may be out of your budget unless you fall into a short sale or foreclosure (always possible) Welcome to Castle Hills | Premier North Dallas Residential Community

Last edited by Squirl; 01-29-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas