Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,685,797 times

Advertisements

Jerry Jones' Blue star purchases 615 acres in Prosper.They already have land off Hays Rd and on the four corners of Preston & 380 for Gates of Prosper that is starting construction in 2012....let's hope they leave the star out

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/pr...sper-land.html

An older article on Jones' interest in Prosper

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/2008/0...rtune.aspx?p=1

Last edited by CREW747; 10-26-2011 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,827,319 times
Starwood and Starcreek are nice projects, didn't know Jones did those.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,465,999 times
Ironically before CREW came on CD, I had no feelings about Prosper either way. Didnt know anything about it other than it being another Collin County boomburg 60 miles away from anything. But now, after watching CREW regurgitate the same crap 500 times REGARDLESS of the question being asked...I hate the place with a passion, with it's 6 equestrian centers and all that other jazz. Not something I'm proud to say, but there it is.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Not to defend Crew or Prosper for that matter..But I believe it's only 35 miles from Dallas no? Anyway, I guess if another numb-skull wants to move out there Crews Chamber of Commerce reviews would prove helpful, albeit biased as hell.

I think the other reason I hate Prosper has nothing to do with Crew, but the fact Jerry Jones has his grubby paws all over that town. He sucks.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,144,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Ironically before CREW came on CD, I had no feelings about Prosper either way. Didnt know anything about it other than it being another Collin County boomburg 60 miles away from anything. But now, after watching CREW regurgitate the same crap 500 times REGARDLESS of the question being asked...I hate the place with a passion, with it's 6 equestrian centers and all that other jazz. Not something I'm proud to say, but there it is.

I'm fairly new here and even I've noticed Crew's incessant cheerleading for Prosper. (I did actually look at houses in Prosper last year before buying in Mckinney, just too far from... everything.)

Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Not to defend Crew or Prosper for that matter..But I believe it's only 35 miles from Dallas no? Anyway, I guess if another numb-skull wants to move out there Crews Chamber of Commerce reviews would prove helpful, albeit biased as hell.

I think the other reason I hate Prosper has nothing to do with Crew, but the fact Jerry Jones has his grubby paws all over that town. He sucks.

OK perhaps I exaggerated a little bit on the miles...although I pity the fool who has to make that rush hour commute to Dallas every day...

Look, I have no problem with anyone repping the town they live in...we have several on here who are identifiable with certain areas...Lakewooder for Lakewood, TurtleCreek for Park Cities, Christie for Grapevine, I'm sure you know all the usual suspects. The difference between those guys and CREW is that they don't put out a cut and paste job every time someone has a question about ANYWHERE in DFW...I've seen crew put out the same stuff even when Prosper isnt being asked about. It's incredibly lazy and I personally feel he/she is doing Prosper a disservice. If your town can be distilled into 7 bullet points and that's it then that sounds like a pretty drab town to be in. Yet I'm sure there has to be more to Prosper than this. Also add in the dubious comparison to Southlake and it makes crew sound even less credible. JMHO.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I've seen crew put out the same stuff even when Prosper isnt being asked about. It's incredibly lazy and I personally feel he/she is doing Prosper a disservice. If your town can be distilled into 7 bullet points and that's it then that sounds like a pretty drab town to be in. Yet I'm sure there has to be more to Prosper than this. Also add in the dubious comparison to Southlake and it makes crew sound even less credible. JMHO.
all excellent points..Although I am not sure there is "more" to Prosper.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 AM
6am

276 posts, read 271,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
all excellent points..Although I am not sure there is "more" to Prosper.
are they still floating the decade old Disneyland in Prosper rumor.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6am View Post
are they still floating the decade old Disneyland in Prosper rumor.

Prosper? I thought that was supposed to be in Frisco?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Prosper? I thought that was supposed to be in Frisco?
It already is, except they renamed it Frisco for copyright infringement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas