Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 PM

88 posts, read 227,831 times

Advertisements

Please give me a comparison between Dallas and Houston for heat and humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
Houston is more humid. Both get hot.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:01 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
What he said. I believe Dallas has the better weather because of it, eventually you get used to the heat and don't sweat so much in Dallas, but in Houston (or any place on a coast) it's unavoidable.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:16 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Here you go, Amanda...

Dallas vs. Houston City Climate Comparisons

Graph comparisons for:
-- Average High Temps
-- Average Low Temps
-- Average Precipitation
-- Average Days of Precipitation>0.1 inch
-- Average Morning Humidity
-- Average Afternoon Humidity, and
-- Mean Temps

Old 10-09-2011, 03:39 PM

812 posts, read 2,183,098 times
I'm a Dallasite who played golf in Houston on a trip in May. It rained at 10AM for about 15 minutes. I thought, "oh good, this should cool us off". When the sun came out it was like we were in hell's sauna. Squared.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 PM

621 posts, read 1,332,699 times
Either place it's miserable!

Old 10-09-2011, 05:08 PM

217 posts, read 381,786 times
I just moved from Houston to Dallas..... if you look historically at the two cities, you'll see in the summer, Dallas averages 4 or 5 degrees warmer than Houston, but Houston has another 10% humidity on average...... hence the effective temperature (What it feels like) is about the same. However, I think Houston's miserable summer weather lasts longer than Dallas.

However, in recent years, for whatever reason, they both have been incredibly hot....(Record heat almost on a daily basis) I don't know why.

Dallas is cooler in the winter, but both are nice in non-summer months if you ask me.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Lost View Post
I just moved from Houston to Dallas..... if you look historically at the two cities, you'll see in the summer, Dallas averages 4 or 5 degrees warmer than Houston, but Houston has another 10% humidity on average...... hence the effective temperature (What it feels like) is about the same. However, I think Houston's miserable summer weather lasts longer than Dallas.

However, in recent years, for whatever reason, they both have been incredibly hot....(Record heat almost on a daily basis) I don't know why.

Dallas is cooler in the winter, but both are nice in non-summer months if you ask me.

Thanks a lot everyone for the info.

I lived in Houston from 1995 - mid 2003 + Fall 1990 - Mid 1992. I was a struggling student back then, first at UH in 1991, then at UHCL in 1999 for a different degree. No family whatsoever. The humidity in Houston was who drove me out of Houston. The humidity resulted in moldly environment in UHCL building that ruined my life. By the time I found out that those buildings especially the delta building (used for Computer science classes) were the culprits, my health had been ruined. As an Int'l Student, I just focused on finding my degree and getting well and the school got away with murder. I say that because 'for 2 1/2 years, NO ONE in the health center uttered a word that mold was causing my low grade fever. There was no nasal symptoms but they knew. I had to drop classes because of that fever. When I found out I was too weak from that infection + an unrelated surgery making my immune system compromised. I left as soon as I graduated (to Sacramento, CA because I had no choice.) I have recovered now and want to move back to where I can use my education in IT.

Dallas sounds like I can handle it. Sacramento gets pretty hot in the summer but it cools down at night. No need for CA most of the time at night.

Again, thanks everyone.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:16 PM

931 posts, read 2,134,109 times
Sacramento and Dallas almost identical climates

Old 10-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete53FR View Post
Sacramento and Dallas almost identical climates
Thanks for the info. I was beginning to wonder about that. I shall be able to manage then though this past summer, it was cooler than usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas