Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 12:39 PM

49 posts, read 219,095 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are coming to Richardson/Plano next weekend to find a rental house close to UTD. We're moving mid-September. Our price range (for a 2-3 bedroom) is $1100-$1300/month since we want to save for a down payment on a house. I have been looking in the Dallas Morning News and craigslist but most of the rental houses/duplexes are above our price range, and they seem to be renting out fast right now. I'm concerned we won't find anything suitable during our four day visit.

One rental manager suggested that we get in touch with a realtor who can help us find a rental in exchange for the possibility of helping us buy our house eventually. Does anyone know of a realtor who would be helpful and interested?

Thanks very much for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 01:19 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,476,826 times
You just may have to drive around. I see For Rent signs in yards and they are gone quite fast. I am near UTD and have seen a couple of For Rent signs in the last couple of days. One was on Melrose, south of UTD. But they are there and then they are gone. Fast. Some are even not that desirable and they are still gone fast.

There is usually a duplex for rent on El Estado. The northern portion of that street is not that nice, but it's a way for low income folks to get into an exemplary elementary school. All of the duplexes on that street were part of a multi-family development, apts and duplexes, but many years they sold off all the duplexes on the norther part of the street, so those units have individual owners. You can tell when you go from one to the other because the ones that are still part of the busines are well maintained with nice grass.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Thanks for your input. We'll plan to drive around a bit with cell phone in hand.

For now, we don't have to worry about a good school district, which makes things a bit easier.

Do you have any thoughts on any specific streets/neighborhoods/areas to avoid, either due to road noise, crime (that maybe is not evident based on daytime appearance), or any other factors?

Old 08-09-2007, 02:06 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,476,826 times
I would not rent an apartment on McCallum which is west of UTD. Another bad crime area is a few miles south of UTD - Spring Valley and Coit and just east of there all the way over to Central.

Do you have a Mapsco or something?

Old 08-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Great! I do have a mapsco. Thanks for taking the time to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas