Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,400 times

Advertisements

Anyone know about this neighborhood? It's in the early stages, I think models are up..But In terms of location, and homes, layout etc..

Trying to decide if I should spend my time visiting it when I come down in May.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,375 times
Very nice area. There are some homes there from a previous custom builder, as well as new custom and major builder to the subdivision area. Haven't seen the new models, but the area is very nice, and surrounded by subdivisions ranging anywhere from $200k up to $800k w/in .5 mi. of Flagstone.

There are two sections in Flagstone w/ diff. builders and two other subdivisions that are also very nice depending upon your price range within 1mi. of Flagstone as well.

The subdivision will have some time before it's built out but I think it will be worth it.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 PM

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking to know. Some subdivisions with good price points are backing to trailer parks or other crappy subdivisions with no clear delineation from one to the other. So thanks for the insight.

Worth taking a drive by you think? What else is in the area worth looking at?

Also I hear Sumeer is in there and they have a crap reputation no?

Old 04-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Haven't heard anything on Sumeer, but then again I haven't been looking for a while. The other builder is Ashton Woods. The other developments are Mercedes Homes area off of Virginia Pkwy & Sorrellwood Park off of Hardin.

Flagstone is bordered/surrounded by Mallard Lakes, The Hills of Winding Creek, The Estates of Winding Creek and Clifton Park, if you wanted to look up the neighborhoods.

Don't know if you've got kids or not, but the Elementary is one of the highest rated in McKinney and North Texas (Walker elementary).

I think the area is definitely worth a look.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Great info here, thank you so much!

I ultimately just want to spend the time out wisely..There are things about this neighborhood that doesnt' completely meet the criteria for my wife, one which is either Master planned or a community pool, Flagstone has neither. It does however meet my requirement of good builder, larger than 50' wide lots, and surrounded by desirable neighborhoods and schools. Looks like it's about 3 miles to Sammy Rayburn, and close to Plano as well.

I think you can get a nicely equipped AW home for the low 300s in there and the taxes are reasonable-which is great.

My biggest reservation about McKinney overall is really all the negative press the area gets on these boards from people who live closer to the city. MY wife is 100% remote and my commute will more than likely be to Plano or Richardson, maaaaaaybe Irving-which could be crappy I think. I am doing all I can to keep myself out of downtown.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 PM

Yeah, the neighborhood won't have a pool, but Mallard Lakes and Hidden Creek (which is another subdivision .3 miles away does have a pool but w/ more expensive HOA dues.

Most of the people in the area either swim at Lifetime, Coopers or one of the other options. There are also some great homes in that area as well. Mallard Lakes has some great homesites, some in the low 300's for .35/acre+. Hidden Creek is a AWESOME neighborhood as well that is very active.

McKinney gets bad press mainly I think b/c it's such a great place to live. A bunch of hatorade in my opinion. Yes, they're are not many clubs or night spots, and really only a handful of places are open beyond midnight. It's EXTREMELY family oriented and friendly, and really only a short jaunt down the highway to either Plano, Allen or Frisco for anything not found in McKinney. Commute to Plano is quick jaunt, Richardson a bit longer in the morning's...but Irving?! Yeah, that'll be a bear.

I think you should for sure check out the area. The new tennis complex will be going in down Eldorado at the Nesbitt park complex, and the biggest newest park in McKinney w/ it's first dog park will be going in at the corner of Hardin/Virgina (.25 mile from Flagstone) in 2012.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Yeah, the neighborhood won't have a pool, but Mallard Lakes and Hidden Creek (which is another subdivision .3 miles away does have a pool but w/ more expensive HOA dues.

Most of the people in the area either swim at Lifetime, Coopers or one of the other options. There are also some great homes in that area as well. Mallard Lakes has some great homesites, some in the low 300's for .35/acre+. Hidden Creek is a AWESOME neighborhood as well that is very active.

McKinney gets bad press mainly I think b/c it's such a great place to live. A bunch of hatorade in my opinion. Yes, they're are not many clubs or night spots, and really only a handful of places are open beyond midnight. It's EXTREMELY family oriented and friendly, and really only a short jaunt down the highway to either Plano, Allen or Frisco for anything not found in McKinney. Commute to Plano is quick jaunt, Richardson a bit longer in the morning's...but Irving?! Yeah, that'll be a bear.

I think you should for sure check out the area. The new tennis complex will be going in down Eldorado at the Nesbitt park complex, and the biggest newest park in McKinney w/ it's first dog park will be going in at the corner of Hardin/Virgina (.25 mile from Flagstone) in 2012.
Thanks tx! I am going to take a look when I come down.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,253,696 times
I showed homes in Flagstone yesterday. The neighborhood will have 150 homes once completed, all the info provided by TX golfer is spot on (as usual). I showed 2 of Sumeer homes, and I must say, was pleasantly surprised this time. They price their homes much lower than others because they are a smaller company too. A lot of "sold signs" in there, and the model is for sale so I think they are doing very well.

Ashton has about 23 lots left. The lenght of the lot is 120 but they have lots that are 55, 65, 70 and 75 wide and of course would have a premium on them. They are offering a 25K incentive to use in the design center (which isn't very much) especially if you upgrade to wood floors, add a media room or so. The largest home they have is 3288sf but if you add a media and a 6th bedroom would be about 3700.

Naima

Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,556,830 times
I don't know much about the particular development, besides having driven through a number of times. But I do think that is a great part of Mckinney...lovely rolling hills and lots of trees...has a very different feel than most of the rest of Collin County.

A txgolfer said, there are some great plans for the area. The new Bonnie Went park would be walking distance from there, and will have a dog park, lake, and outdoor ampitheatre.

Here's the park layout:
http://www3.mckinneytexas.org/uploadedImages/Cultural_and_Recreational_Services/Parks_and_Recreation/McKinney_Parks/phase%201%20rendering.JPG (broken link)

It is along the Wilson creek hike and bike trail, which is already a fantastic creek trail, taking you to down Towne Lake. Eventually the trail(s) will also connect all the way down to the Heard, and across and up to the Square. Here's the hike & bike map:

http://www3.mckinneytexas.org/parks.aspx?id=8218 (broken link)

The other park txgolfer mentioned, Gabe Nesbitt, which would be a bit further west from Flagstone, is also getting a Skate Park this year (building starts in June or July) in addition to the Tennis Complex. Current plans are also to build an Aquatics Center there as well. The new library is also located there.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
I don't know much about the particular development, besides having driven through a number of times. But I do think that is a great part of Mckinney...lovely rolling hills and lots of trees...has a very different feel than most of the rest of Collin County.

A txgolfer said, there are some great plans for the area. The new Bonnie Went park would be walking distance from there, and will have a dog park, lake, and outdoor ampitheatre.

Here's the park layout:
http://www3.mckinneytexas.org/uploadedImages/Cultural_and_Recreational_Services/Parks_and_Recreation/McKinney_Parks/phase%201%20rendering.JPG (broken link)

It is along the Wilson creek hike and bike trail, which is already a fantastic creek trail, taking you to down Towne Lake. Eventually the trail(s) will also connect all the way down to the Heard, and across and up to the Square. Here's the hike & bike map:

Welcome to the City of McKinney (http://www3.mckinneytexas.org/parks.aspx?id=8218 - broken link)

The other park txgolfer mentioned, Gabe Nesbitt, which would be a bit further west from Flagstone, is also getting a Skate Park this year (building starts in June or July) in addition to the Tennis Complex. Current plans are also to build an Aquatics Center there as well. The new library is also located there.
Awesome information, thanks PG! What is an aquatics center exactly? Does that mean indoor pools?

We would really like a community pool but if the location etc were nice enough we would add this neighborhood to our list either way. Sounds like some nice ammenities will be in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas