Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 AM

224 posts, read 777,772 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My kids and I will probably be joining my husband in Plano within the next few weeks. We've decided to rent a house so we can all be together while we wait for our house to sell in Illinois. My husband is going tomorrow to look at rental houses with our realtor and hopefully put in an application. My son will be starting kindergarten this year so we really want to have him start down there. My daughter is 3 and was looking forward to starting preschool this fall. Can anyone recommend a preschool for her and also give me a basic idea of the cost? I am just looking for a 2 day/week program for her at this point. If she were to go to the preschool we had picked out here she'd be going Tues/Thur 8:30 to 11:15. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 04:48 PM

709 posts, read 3,474,834 times
Many of the churches offer excellent preschools like you are wanting. Holy Covenant United Methodist Church in north Carrollton has an excellent reputation for their preschool as does First United Methodist Church in North Carrollton. Prestonwood Baptist (Plano/Carrollton boarder) also has a program that is suppose to be really good.
All three of these are west from most of Plano but all easily reached if needed by Dallas North Tollway and George Bush Tollway. I'm sure though there are other preschools.

If for some reason you end up in Coppell area or near this area with your rent house... Discover and Share at MacArthur and Beltline is awesome. You can't go wrong with this facility and it is privately owned by a couple that is there daily over seeing the daily routines. They have a web site as do the churches above that I mentioned.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 PM

224 posts, read 777,772 times
Thank you! This is very helpful to me. Hopefully my husband will find a nice place for us to rent this weekend, then I can begin researching in a specific area!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 PM

709 posts, read 3,474,834 times
oops I forgot to share what I know about costs:

Basic cost... varies... I know I paid $169 approx. a week for 5 days (discounted because my son's preschool offered discounts for multiple families with same workplace) of preschool/private kinder as my child was not old enough for Tx. public school this past year due to state age requirements. Must be 5 by Sept. 1.

Where my son will attend this year for after school care they told me they charge $155 for preschool whole week (age 3-5). I, of course am not interested in preschool we were just talking because I will be getting a raise this next year by only paying $90 a week for after school care. :-)

Again good luck and welcome to Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas