Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2006, 04:23 PM

7 posts, read 22,555 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are possibly relocating to the Dallas area from San Diego. I've done a bit of research & found that Rockwall may be a good fit for us. We've only been married a year & want to be semi-close to the city/downtown area. What's everyone think of Rockwall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2006, 04:56 PM

20 posts, read 66,248 times
Hi Julievb,

I am also from the San Diego area and will be heading to Dallas. You can look up some posts that list great info on the Dallas and surrounding areas by user: momof2dfw

Good luck on the move!!

Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM

Just from talking to the new construction/home companies in the dallas area, I hear there are many families making this same move! It's exciting, although my husband's family is from here....it's making the move a little tough. They're not understanding why we're doing it because SD is such a great place to live.
Do you know anything about the Rockwall area??? I've actually never been to Texas

Old 08-21-2006, 05:13 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Rockwall is nice. Decent commute to downtown Dallas. If you are going to be working on the Plano, Las Colinas, Richardson Telecom Corridor it could be heck since until 190 gets from I-30 to Hwy 78 in Garland it is all twisting and turning on all of the streets w/ lights and all. Basically one way to go. Rockwall is on Lake Ray Hubbard but Rockwall has not signed an agreement w/ the City of Dallas for the homeowners that live on the lakefront so they can not build anything on the take line (storage shed, peir, boathouse, etc). Rockwall is growing and getting alot of retail stores coming in and restaurants. Rockwall and Heath share a school district, Rockwall ISD and they just built a new high school in Heath. The Shores is a very nice area in Rockwall that has a wide range of homes. A few small rolling hills, golf course, playgrounds, club house, etc. In that area there are some new subdivisions of tract home builders and there are also areas of older ranch style homes on larger lots w/ lots of mature trees (look along Lakeshore Drive). They are getting ready to work on widening 205 thru Rockwall (it needs it w/ all of the growth). If you want land but in the Rockwall ISD look out along Quail Run Rd and Anna Cade (if you ever watched "Dallas", Ray Krebs house was on Anna Cade and was recently for sale). Lots of families in Rockwall. Lots of people go to Lakepointe Church. They had 6 buses of kids go to ******* camp just from the Rockwall campus alone with the church this summer (my oldest went w/ friends) and lots of kids go to their camps even though they don't go to church there.

Since your young and no kids yet getting to downtown Dallas for sporting events or a night out at some of the places near downtown is a breeze. When we lived on that side of the world we could be at Reunion Arena for the Dallas Stars games in 20 minutes and since everyone else seemed to be heading to the "expensive" side of town after the games up the DNT, 75 or Stemmons we could breeze out of the parking lots and be home in no time .

I have lots of friends that live in Rockwall and they all like it. One friend did avoid Heath because of the $$$ attitude. They teach in the district and they did not want their kids influenced by it. When she told me what a lil dress shop owner in Heath said and did when they found out they lived on the "other side" of the lake..... not nice. And pretty darn funny if you knew the circumstances.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:22 PM

Thank you SO much for all that great info!! I've wrote it all down in my data/spread sheet We're interested in checking out a community/neighborhood where the homes aren't on top of eachother....like they are here in SD. So a larger lot would be awesome! I'll check out the areas you mentioned...Thanks again!

Old 08-22-2006, 10:54 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
There is a vineyard in Rockwall (http://www.sanmartinowinery.com/) (broken link). Pretty cool that here in the middle of Texas in the Dallas area we have decent vineyard.

Here is the link to The Shores Country Club for info www.theshorescountryclub.com/

A link for community info for Rockwall http://www.rockwall.com/community.asp (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas