Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:06 PM

986 posts, read 1,668,675 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I just moved to Lewisville from Atlanta, and I'm looking for some restaurants with good food. I enjoy all kinds of food - American, Thai, Chinese, Steak (yes in a class all of its own), Burgers (notice a theme?), seafood, whatever. Please no chains - right now I feel like I'm in chain restaurant and fast food hell.

Help me out! I don't even know where to begin. I will say I went to Parma last night and their food was wonderful. So - any suggestions? I don't mind paying a few $ or driving a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 02:22 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,837,343 times
can't think of anything actually in Lewisville, but these two aren't too far away:
Lavendou (South/Country French)
19009 Preston Rd #200
Dallas, TX 75252

Mi Piaci (Italian)
14854 Montfort Dr
Dallas, TX 75254

I am a big steak fan also - specifically a nice grilled Prime ribeye or standing rib roast. After years of going to the various local steakhouses for my carnivorous needs I finally realized that steak is not difficult to prepare at home. In fact, unless I'm in the mood to be lazy/pampered, I now prefer my own backyard grilled or oven roasted rib roast over any restaurant I've been to yet. Having just moved you may not want to mess with it, but for the longest time I was intimidated by the prospect of jacking up a $50-100 worth of Prime steak ... now I wouldn't do it any other way, and I'm in no sense a great chef or cook. I just love steak.

Last edited by tyanger; 09-04-2010 at 02:38 PM..

Old 09-04-2010, 02:54 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,492,271 times
You are in chain-ville. But you are close to Denton where you'll find this gem: Keiichi - Denton, TX .

Also look into this place for something inexpensive but great. b.b.bop | rice bowls

Old 09-04-2010, 03:07 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,521,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Hi all, I just moved to Lewisville from Atlanta, and I'm looking for some restaurants with good food. I enjoy all kinds of food - American, Thai, Chinese, Steak (yes in a class all of its own), Burgers (notice a theme?), seafood, whatever. Please no chains - right now I feel like I'm in chain restaurant and fast food hell.

Help me out! I don't even know where to begin. I will say I went to Parma last night and their food was wonderful. So - any suggestions? I don't mind paying a few $ or driving a bit.
You still have tonight and tomorrow left to participate in KRLD Restaurant Weeks. For $35/pp you get a 3 course meal at some of DFW's best restaurants. It used to be just one week every August, but many restaurants extend it to two or three weeks. Attached is a list I found of those restaurants that are extending it through Sunday, 9/5. If you don't make it this year, keep it in mind for next August. It's a great way to eat in many of the best places on the cheap. Plus $7 of the $35 is contributed to the N. Texas Food Bank, so you're doing something good while you stuff your face! Dallas-Ft Worth KRLD Restaurant Week: Extended to September 5, 2010 | OpenTable

Old 09-04-2010, 04:50 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,333,780 times
Check out Sonoma Grill Sonoma Grill & Wine Bar in Parker Square in Flower Mound for good American/Steak/Seafood. There are several other restaurants in Parker Square that I haven't tried yet that might be worth checking out also.

For burgers - head up 121 to Legacy (NW corner) to Kenny's Burger Joint Kenny's Burger Joint - Opening December 2008. Be sure and get an adult milkshake while you're there. Also, Cantina Laredo Cantina Laredo Gourmet Mexican Food Restaurant | Authentic Mexican Food in the same shopping center is really good (although a chain) for Mexican - the *best* margaritas, and be sure and ask for the "tres courses" menu for a great deal.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:01 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,230,646 times
When we moved here, we were fooled by chains and smaller local chains we were unfamiliar with. I still haven't found a good breakfast place with home made corned beef hash. Although I haven't been looking lately.

Someone mentioned Kenny's Burger Joint. I ate there today for the first time and it was fantastic! They use local hormone free beef too.

A little pricey, but for good sushi I recommend Hibashi HIBASHI ::::: Teppan Grill Sushi Bar ::::: I have not had their Teppanyaki (I guess out here it is called Hibachi) but I really want to. I love it!

If driving isn't a problem, Coal Vines in Uptown has great pizza and Italian food and a great wine selection.

I wish I knew the Lewisville area better to give more suggestions. I can really only give you suggestions based off of where I live and work. I have a great Thai place.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:36 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,333,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I still haven't found a good breakfast place with home made corned beef hash. Although I haven't been looking lately.
I've never tried the corned beef hash here, but maybe it is what you're looking for - Cindi's New York Delicatessen - Home (http://www.cindisnydeli.com/index.shtml - broken link)

Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphOfTheSprint View Post
I've never tried the corned beef hash here, but maybe it is what you're looking for - Cindi's New York Delicatessen - Home (http://www.cindisnydeli.com/index.shtml - broken link)
Thanks! I have driven past this place and someone mentioned it in another thread I posted about. I just haven't taken the opportunity to try it out. Maybe tomorrow! I do prefer a hole in the wall place but NY style deli's usually have pretty decent corned beef. Thanks again!

Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 PM

986 posts, read 1,668,675 times
There are some WONDERFUL suggestions here. Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! I love finding new "out of the way" restaurants and I haven't noticed many here in Lewisville. Since I'm unfamiliar with the Dallas area I didn't even know where to start, but this is definitely a good list to work from!

Old 09-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Also check out The Meddlesome Moth. Meddlesome Moth and the Common Table. The Common Table – Uptown Dallas Restaurant & Bar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas