Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,917,249 times

Advertisements

Good morning all and NCN this title is for you-that is the best word to hear!!! Happy dance for you.

I think I'm more "up" as I see such a difference in Mr. L. I do know with this disease we could get slapped at any time but for now it's a wonderful change.

We're headed to his sister's today and will be back tomorrow.

Pizza was so good last night-had 2 pieces, very thin crust.

Hugs friends and safe trip Jeannie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 07:58 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,413,482 times
Hi Judi and all those who will check in later.

This is just a quick check in b/c I still have so much to do around the house after our trip.
We're back and we had a real great vacation. It was sooooooo darn hot so we could spend quite a lot of time at the beach which was especially great for Miguel.
We also went hiking a lot in the afternoons and had 3 trips into Budapest to visit the zoo, the Tropicarium and make a cruise on the Donau River.

The food was more than delicious, I gained a little over 4 lbs buhu buhu!!!! So it's back on track and down to veggies and fruit and very light meals. Our Hungarian family likes to cook casseroles with cheese and cream and meat. They are sooooo mouthwatering you just can't resist.

Back at home the weather is going crazy, sunshine one minute, hard rains the next with temps about 75°F. So it's nearly impossible to go out on a longer bike tour. Even DH gained 3 lbs so we need to do more sports at the weekend.

small piece of leftover honey cake from Hungary (sorry but we had to eat it before we needed to throw it out...)
a piece of steamed Pangasius fillet, two small potatoes and mustard gravy
2 bananas

Off in a sec to take a quick bike tour with DH and DS. Will post pics later.

Hope you all are healthy and doing great!
See you.'
Diana

Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 AM

72,542 posts, read 18,256,776 times
Good morning Lacey! thanks for starting the thread!

Hi Diana! missed ya! Summer time is fun for eveybody.Glad Miguel is having a great time!

Having my first cuppa this morning!

Old 07-25-2009, 09:11 AM
NCN

21,668 posts, read 25,751,448 times
Good morning, Judi, Diana, Izzy. Hope Jeannie is enjoying her trip down I-95. It is a pretty trip with trees along the highway.

Glad Diana had a wonderful vacation. Living in America, sometimes I forget the rest of the world had great places too. My life is a bit sheltered. I would love to see those places you mentioned. I think I could adjust to being a jet setter.

Large coffee and milk and I am about to have another one.
MacNut Cookie from Sam's--a four pointer.
banana

Judi, you and I have something in common. Enjoy the good days, because it migh change, but you hope it doesn't. Mr. VA is going to the garbage and post office and I don't have to go. I love it.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:10 PM
NCN

21,668 posts, read 25,751,448 times
Lacey, I forgot to thank you for the thread. I think the report just now registered. I haven't danced yet, but I may. I certainly have been cleaning. Did both veg and fruit keepers in the refridgerator while I prepared this delicious lunch.
Mesquite Chicken Breast--It is 4.6 oz and only 4 points because it has only 4 grams of fat.
three cups Lettuce, celery and cucumber salad with 2 T. Olive Garden Dressing--2 points and 8 grams fat
12 croutons--2 grams of fat and 1 point
That counts up to 7 points for lunch added to 6 points for breakfast=13 points so far today.
Izzy and my body will be happy I have been drinking water and not another cup of coffee and milk since breakfast.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:16 PM

72,542 posts, read 18,256,776 times
Hey NCN,water is best for your body! I drink 2 glasses of water upon waking up.

Lunch was some steamed veggies and a piece of chicken

Dinner was a broiled halibut and veggies.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:28 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,413,482 times
Dinner was half a slice of w/w bread, half a pepperoni stuffed with cream cheese
a big bowl of salad w/ cheese cubes and a little ham
some melon
1 corn on the cob

Old 07-26-2009, 06:11 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,650,490 times
Morning all! Big, big hugs for you NCN! Judi, give Mr. "L" one for me also. Hilton Head is absolutely beautiful! My in-laws hve had this time share since my husband was a boy and this is the first time the kids and I were able to see it. This may have to be my new vacation spot. The ocean is beautifully calm and in the 80's, like a swimming pool. Oh, and there is a work-out facility so I was able to use the treadmill yesterday to burn some of those extra calories I'll be consuming this week. I hope everyone has a great week and I'll talk to you when I can.

yesterday's breakfast...

oatmeal with banana and soymilk

no lunch

dinner...

New England clam chowder
grilled salmon
yellow rice
1/2 ear corn

a few hushpuppies yummy!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:54 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,302,040 times
Default Sunday

I'm here girls..been busy working on the house. busy is good..moving some furniture around.

Lets see this morning:

raisin bran cruch cereal with milk
coffee

snack:
fruit

rest of the day..um no clue...

Have a great Sunday ladies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals