Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:51 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Today I would like to send a special birthday wish to one of our own......I'll leave it up to them to come out from hiding... ... A mostly cloudy day here in NC high in the 50's and will hit the 70's tomorrow. My kind of weather. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a fabulous Thursday! Jeannie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:09 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Good morning Jeannie (and all you lovely ladies that follow). And Happy Birthday to whoever it is! I hope you have a great day!!

Was actually 55 this morning (which is a nice change from the 20's we've been waking up to recently). Should be up around low 70's today. At the risk of sounding like a crybaby, it's hard to get in the "spirit" with weather this warm.

No real breakfast this morning, I might munch on my Special K bar (90 cals!!!) if I get hungry.

Have a great day, especially whoever the secret B-day person is!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Happy Birthday special person!!!!!!!!!

Morning Jeannie,Steve,NCN, Izzy, Diana.

Well it's a balmy minus 14 with a wind chill of 21 below.

Yog/fruit, coffee.
Went out last night and had a chicken breast no skin (the best part and I didn't eat it), little cole slaw.
Tonight sloppy joe's-mine on whole wheat eng muffin with spinach salad. Fries for Mr. L.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Good morning! So far this week I have learned that I am the best mother in the world and the best wife in the world. Our weather is yucky, but supposed to get better, but who can complain after so much love has been poured out on me.
Thin slice of french bread with lots of Shedd calcium spread--adding the calcium makes it not sound so bad.
I started drinking a cup of coffee and milk but looked down at it and it didn't look right, so I poured it down the sink.
We are going to Crackerbarrel for whatever meal it is when we get ready and end up there. We have a new Crackerbarrel in Matthews that we have not tried yet. Everybody is talking about it.
And I hope our birthday person has a very, very Happy Birthday!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
NCN I am beyond jealous!!!! My favorite place for breakfast-love the grits, fried apples, excellent bacon and love to shop there. I have been e-mailing them for 3 years to open one here.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Is my life a soap opera or what?!?! Just got a call from Mrs. Rath that my daughter isn't feeling well now! Sometimes I wish we could all get ill at one time. But, she's my princess, and I know she had to take her English final in HS today. So, I told her when she's done to call me and I would pick her up (she's "A" in the other courses, so she doesn't have any finals to take after that). Sooooo.... I probably won't be back to check on later.

See you all tomorrow and take care of yourselves today!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 AM

72,421 posts, read 18,205,480 times
Happy birthday mystery and special person! Love surprises!! wooo hooo!

Steve,you are a busy guy! I will we all get sick at the same time and get it over with,I think I did,but last night I was coughing,right now something is there,I'd better get better quick,need to travel on the 23rd!

Finally stopped raining! lots of snow on the mountains in front of me.. brrrrrrrrr...
Going to a Real Eatate Christmas Breakfast,so not eating for now.will save some for you guys!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Happy birthday mystery and special person! Love surprises!! wooo hooo!

Steve,you are a busy guy! I will we all get sick at the same time and get it over with,I think I did,but last night I was coughing,right now something is there,I'd better get better quick,need to travel on the 23rd!

Finally stopped raining! lots of snow on the mountains in front of me.. brrrrrrrrr...
Going to a Real Eatate Christmas Breakfast,so not eating for now.will save some for you guys!
Izzy, I keep in touch by e-mail with the neighbor we will have down the street someday. She usually lives someplace in the California snow country. I knew she planned to come to visit her home here but was not sure when. So today I asked her where she was at the moment. She said, "I am right down the street from you." Yipee! Can't wait to see her again.

Judi, we just got this Cracker Barrel. It is close to I-485 and it was full today. I had the next breakfast under the one you mentioned. I got the Smokehouse and yes, it had grits. I asked the waiter to leave off the grits since I don't eat grits, but it came with the meal. Wish I could have sent it to you.

Coffee and creme
2 1/2 biscuits--Mr. VA gave me 1/2 of one of his biscuits because I had apple butter left. I offered it to him, but he didn't want it. I love apple butter. He got catfish.
apple butter
2 scrambled eggs
2 slices thick bacon
gravy
one tiny slice of orange--It was a garnish, but I ate it. They really know how to slice thin.

There were more people shopping in the Cracker Barrel than in the store we shopped in at Southpark yesterday.

I found clothes for both small granddaughters, but I have already bought for them. I just remembered the oldest will have a birthday in January. Wonder if anyone else goes to Cracker Barrel just to shop. I will be there in a day or two to pick up a dressy coat and dress for granddaughter #2. The coat is a large houndstooth design with a black velvet dress and red ribbon trim with added red ribbon roses. So cute. The soon to be three year old is a fashion queen just like my 13 year old granddaughter. Guess it runs in the family. She already has red Mary Jane shoes to go with it.

I wish none of us ever got sick. Steve, keep us posted.

Now we are going to the aquatic center to work off some of that brunch.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:15 PM

72,421 posts, read 18,205,480 times
The Christmas party was fun! they only had pastries,but that was good,didn't have eggnog,just coffee.I sat on Santa's lap took a pic,I will post it this evening

Old 12-18-2008, 03:00 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
The Christmas party was fun! they only had pastries,but that was good,didn't have eggnog,just coffee.I sat on Santa's lap took a pic,I will post it this evening
oh Izzy, can't wait to see!

taebo boot camp work-out...

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana and soymilk
water with lemons
supplements

lunch...

banana yogurt with flaxseed, acai and Grapenuts

dinner...

whole wheat pasta with turkey meat sauce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals