Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:31 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,256,660 times

Advertisements

Ooooops! Almost forgot! Here is Shadow in her Halloween costume right before the party.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,229,101 times
Evey I swear that dog will allow you to put anything on!!! lol, I loved the pic with the life jacket on! Are the gems worth any money? I guess you could put them in ring settings that would be nice. Cool that you were able to pan right in the creek!
Patti, I can't believe that you are going to the pool. Alabama is sunny, but cold! Probably in the mid to upper 50's with a slight wind. Burrrrr.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,144,296 times
Hey all

Welcome PurpleLove08 and kek1993 !!!!

evey the pictures are great !!
I love gem mining they use to have this place on the boardwalk in NJ where you could buy a bag of dirt and use the sifting things like you did in water
lol I still have red clay residue on the sweatshirt I was wearing that stuff is brutal
I found amethyst that were big enough to have cut into stones they arent the real dark ones though

sandy we had oh maybe 40 kids got rid of almost everything we bought well except for some I stashed

Did yo mention roast !!! what time should I be there :

the lawn is all mowed hubby did that while I worked on a couple of yard things I really need to weed but maybe tomorrow

Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 AM

754 posts, read 1,740,793 times
I am sitting there procrastinating about my 5 mile run. It's not even that I don't want to go, I just feel...blah!!! Not to mention it's raining and I really have a treadmill block right now!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Racelady I love your cabin! What a nice, calming ambiance! Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,144,296 times
and a hearty welcome also to AnalyzeThis

Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,317,085 times
As far as I'm concerned, the gorging period starts at Halloween and lasts until Easter (Thanksgiving-Christmas-NY's-Valentine's Day-Fat Tuesday-Easter).

I have a LOT of candy left. Surprised we didn't get more Trick-or-Treaters than we did ~ disappointing. I'll put it away. We usually split one candy bar at night.

Just got back awhile ago from the Spirit of Halloween store to see what was left. Didn't see much, it was pretty picked over. Some items are still expensive even at 50% off. Bought a few little things and called it good.

Today it's clean up the house, laundry, and gardening. Well, not really gardening, but take in some pots in for winterizing.

Taking down decorations is low-priority but will start on it if I have time.

Have a good week, everyone.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,256,660 times
LOL Sandy! Shadow gets very excited when she sees her life jacket because she loves boating, jet-skiing, tubing, etc.

Most of the gems that we found were too small to cut, but I found a 5 carat ruby that could be cut while we were at the mine. I found a chunk of granite near the cabin that has at least 6 rubies embedded. It is a pretty big rock and I don't know how many stones are hiding inside it, but I see at least 3 that are big enough to cut.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
and a hearty welcome also to AnalyzeThis
Thank you! And.......................

GO YANKEES!!! lol

Old 11-01-2009, 01:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,280,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Evey I swear that dog will allow you to put anything on!!! lol, I loved the pic with the life jacket on! Are the gems worth any money? I guess you could put them in ring settings that would be nice. Cool that you were able to pan right in the creek!
Patti, I can't believe that you are going to the pool. Alabama is sunny, but cold! Probably in the mid to upper 50's with a slight wind. Burrrrr.
It's upper 80's here. Supposed to "cool down" to the mid 80's tomorrow or Tuesday. At least we'll be able to open our windows at night this week. The pool was beautiful this afternoon. They turned the heat on, so the water's nice and warm.

Evey, loved the costume. Is it anything in particular?

Wow...look at all the newbies. Welcome, folks.

OK, are you all ready to get started on our big push tomorrow?? I am. Can't wait.

Hugs to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals