Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 10:44 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,141,771 times

Advertisements

Never heard of this show. But checked it out after seeing local headlines. Sad...

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...77ba5f1d7.html

Quote:
VIRGINIA BEACH

Natalie Dill planned to celebrate her 27th birthday by going out to dinner with her husband and family and then heading to the Oceanfront with friends.
Her husband, Daniel Dill, didn’t drink. He told her to go have a good time and offered to pick the group up later so they didn’t have to worry about driving home.
Dill was on his way to pick up his wife and her friends about 2 a.m. Saturday when he crossed paths with a drunken driver going the wrong way on Interstate 264, according to court documents.
A woman driving a 2011 Cadillac struck his 2009 Mazda head-on in the eastbound lane, just west of the Birdneck Road exit, according to a police summary of the incident.
Dill died just after midnight Sunday at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital. The 29-year-old had suffered a major spinal cord injury, his brain was severely swollen, and he had internal injuries and broken bones, according to his family. They made the decision to withdraw care once doctors explained his prognosis.
The Cadillac’s driver, Melissa Ann Hancock, was charged with DUI maiming immediately after the crash, but that charge may be upgraded, said Macie Allen, a spokeswoman for the commonwealth’s attorney.
Hancock, 25, who has been featured on the reality TV show ”Little Women: Atlanta,” told a state police trooper she had two to four mixed drinks at Peabody’s Nightclub at the Oceanfront about an hour before the crash, the police summary said. Her blood alcohol content tested at 0.112 two hours later, the summary said. Hancock is 4 feet tall and weighs 77 pounds, according to a court summons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 08:23 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,705,519 times
She should spend the rest of her little life in prison & I almost think the night club should be look at. Not saying they are at fault but questions need to be answered.

He was also in the military. Coast Guard. I know this is listed in the article but just putting that out here since it could get missed easily.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:00 AM

5,444 posts, read 7,010,580 times
Two to four drinks? Seriously, are you that stupid in that you can't count the amount of drinks you had? If I have 2 beers, I damn well have no problem remembering that I had 2 beers.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:23 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,446,548 times
Four drinks in a little person is a lot.

Hope they make an example out of her sorry butt.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:29 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,907,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Two to four drinks? Seriously, are you that stupid in that you can't count the amount of drinks you had? If I have 2 beers, I damn well have no problem remembering that I had 2 beers.
Yeah if you cant remember, you have had too many. But I am sure her size played into her tolerance. Still...I bet she drank more to be drunk enough to be driving the wrong way down the freeway.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:47 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,039,935 times
She should be charged with 1st Deg Murder. She drank knowingly and willingly, then drove knowingly and willingly. In my opinion, that's premeditated and just plain MURDER. Granted she didn't set out to murder a specific person, but that shouldn't matter. She knew there was a high probability she would kill someone.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:51 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,031,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
She should be charged with 1st Deg Murder. She drank knowingly and willingly, then drove knowingly and willingly. In my opinion, that's premeditated and just plain MURDER. Granted she didn't set out to murder a specific person, but that shouldn't matter. She knew there was a high probability she would kill someone.
You have to set out to do it for it to be premeditated, hence word premeditated. I wonder if you could eventually turn cases like this into capital murder, though. Depends on if the drunk driving is alone a felony.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:54 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,022,848 times
Quote:
She really means four but is trying to make it sound better by creating that range.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:05 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,764,720 times
I've heard of midget tossing but this is ridiculous!

Old 11-14-2017, 06:09 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,453,241 times
Quote:
I see a lot if drunk drivers.
They almost always say that.
Or that they don't remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events