Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 02:31 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,641,995 times

Advertisements

Thank God he didn't kill anyone. He's a 28 year veteran. Couldn't have been his first time DUI while on duty.

No injuries were reported.

"An on-duty state trooper crashed his police cruiser into another vehicle while allegedly driving drunk with an open container Monday, authorities said

The crash happened around 2 p.m. in the Monmouth service area on the Garden State Parkway in Wall Township, police said.

Roadside, a 28-year veteran of the force, "was immediately relieved of his duty weapon and taken into custody," the statement said."

State trooper charged with drunken driving after on-duty crash | NJ.com

Last edited by jburress; 10-29-2015 at 02:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 02:53 AM

605 posts, read 492,502 times
Yeah, if you want, I can run down the line of my local police blotter and post each and every incident found therein, too. Sh*t happens, every single day.

Only thing that makes this remotely noteworthy (from a national perspective) is the fact that he was on duty at the time. Still, things happen every day. I don't know what you're looking for when you post this--vitriol regarding 'the police'? I certainly regard those gun-toting badge-brandishers with a healthy dose of skepticism, but that's because they're humans with a certain degree of power and thus must be regarded with some degree of skepticism.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:32 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,095,459 times
Op ..I wouldn't be a good week for you unless you found some story about some policeman doing something so totally screwed up.. We get that

This trooper will retire... He will be eligible for retirement.. He will get charged and convicted if he is guilty.. He will be subject to the disdain from some of his peers.. Sadness from others.. Making twenty eight years today as a policeman today means seeing and doing things unimaginable for people who have little idea what service is.

A dui is a murderer waiting to happen ...
Sad.. Lost his way... Similar to people who smoke dope...
If hes drinking at 2 in the afternoon in a police car he's an alcoholic... A real sickness.. His medicine will be reality...

Your assumption about his sobriety on duty is just that.. Show us evidence.. Which you can't

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-29-2015 at 04:20 AM..

Old 10-29-2015, 01:07 PM

50,987 posts, read 24,484,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Op ..I wouldn't be a good week for you unless you found some story about some policeman doing something so totally screwed up.. We get that

This trooper will retire... He will be eligible for retirement.. He will get charged and convicted if he is guilty.. He will be subject to the disdain from some of his peers.. Sadness from others.. Making twenty eight years today as a policeman today means seeing and doing things unimaginable for people who have little idea what service is.

A dui is a murderer waiting to happen ...
Sad.. Lost his way... Similar to people who smoke dope...
If hes drinking at 2 in the afternoon in a police car he's an alcoholic... A real sickness.. His medicine will be reality...

Your assumption about his sobriety on duty is just that.. Show us evidence.. Which you can't
In general I agree with your post.

However, you pretty much contradict yourself when you state he's an alcoholic, but then criticize the OP for saying it probably wasn't the first time he was drinking on duty. And I say that as the son of an alcoholic.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:12 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,525,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Thank God he didn't kill anyone. He's a 28 year veteran. Couldn't have been his first time DUI while on duty.

No injuries were reported.

"An on-duty state trooper crashed his police cruiser into another vehicle while allegedly driving drunk with an open container Monday, authorities said

The crash happened around 2 p.m. in the Monmouth service area on the Garden State Parkway in Wall Township, police said.

Roadside, a 28-year veteran of the force, "was immediately relieved of his duty weapon and taken into custody," the statement said."

State trooper charged with drunken driving after on-duty crash | NJ.com
After using quotes from unrelated posts for sure you'd have thought about doing this again.

Thia appears to be yet another cop hating thread.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:17 PM

321 posts, read 421,619 times
Jim Lahey?

Old 10-29-2015, 01:19 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,525,438 times
Since this appears to be an alcoholism situation, here we have the OP berating those with recognized diseases/illnesses.

What is the agenda now, go after those with diseases or only certain people with diseases?

Old 10-29-2015, 01:29 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,641,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In general I agree with your post.

However, you pretty much contradict yourself when you state he's an alcoholic, but then criticize the OP for saying it probably wasn't the first time he was drinking on duty. And I say that as the son of an alcoholic.
Exactly.

I find it hard to believe that he woke up that morning and decided to drink while on duty for the first time after 28 years on the force.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:21 AM

1,077 posts, read 875,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Since this appears to be an alcoholism situation, here we have the OP berating those with recognized diseases/illnesses.

What is the agenda now, go after those with diseases or only certain people with diseases?

Do you want the police in your community to be on tour while drunk?

He has a disease, he's old enough to know to get some help. I'm sure if he took a leave of absence to dry out, he'd still have his job waiting.

After 28 years on the force, why would an officer risk it all to drive while drunk?

Any civilian faces the same charges only it appears more egregious when an officer of the law is on duty while drunk. His judgment is off, he might kill an innocent person, etc. This is told all the time when a civilian gets behind the wheel and drives drunk, why not him?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:48 AM

2,261 posts, read 1,142,947 times
Wow, he actually did commit a crime, and had been committing crimes all along but no ones calling the cop a criminal, only that he made a mistake. No ones calling for his death. Funny how that works.
Theres alot of rhetoric missing in this thread, I will oblige, from the hands of posters in other threads calling for immediate deaths of criminals:

Quote:
Just because some punk is an idiot too doesn't mean they get a do-over. One less dangerous fool on the streets.

He proved he was dangerous.
Quote:
Wrong, then it would have became a high speed chase, no doubt and you don't think that his life would have been in danger, let alone all the other "innocent" motorists who happened to be traveling the roads that day!
Quote:
Now you are here trying to defend a stupid criminal. It is little more than thread trying to stir the cop hate pot.
Quote:
given that many criminals are repeat offenders, then doesn't it follow, according to your logic, that this criminal had previously committed many crimes and was highly likely to commit additional crimes in the future?
Quote:
Disgusting are the excuses for thugs, punks and others who won't obey they laws, create the conditions for their own demise and then the apologists and bleeding hearts who wouldn't live within miles of any of them, complain about the police.

Right, some people hate cops because thugs and punks break laws. Save it.

There we have it, don't blame the criminal for anything.
Quote:
moral of the story: If you do, buy or sell drugs, it's probably not going to end well for you. Find another hobby that's not illegal.
Quote:
And if (since so many love to use "if") some woman with a baby stroller happened to be crossing the path of that punk, think he'd care anymore?
Quote:
No, he is a peace officer, whose job is to keep the innocent public safe and out of harm's way. A drugged up thug brazen and desperate enough to gun his vehicle towards a cop and run from the law is a risk and a threat to the public. The peace officer did what he's entrusted to do. Moral of the story: Respect the laws of the land and be a decent human being.
Quote:
The way I feel about it is there is one less reckless criminal on the streets, but I would not have shot the guy in that situation. Not sure if shooting the tire or a window is a practical and permitted alternative
Quote:
Bull****. People who drive under the influence of marijuana endanger themselves and the public.
Quote:
True or False: A violent, drug-dealing junkie being taken off the streets is a good thing for society?
Quote:
Just a matter of time as to who would end up shooting him, another druggie or the cops. Either way, same end.
Quote:
I bet he has a mental problem but man how fregin stupid can a person be lol!!
Quote:
Now we taxpayers will have to foot the bill for someone who would have been better off dead.
Quote:
Police can't win can they? Seems no matter what, someone complains. Anyway, the criminal wins stupid of the week award.
Quote:
If he shot the guy 90% of city data would be blaming the cop. They would use their vast police experience to disarm this individual. They would also say this cop is lying. The cop would be called every name in the book. Lastly because of cops like this the public will never have confidence in the police lol!!!
Lol, this is only from 2 threads. I could go on, but...

I do also notice no one showing concern for the well being of the woman whose car he smashed, or how many other people he "could have" crashed into and hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events