Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 05:37 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times

Advertisements

Do y'all know anybody who commute from one of these towns to Corpus? I would guess Beeville is the most common but what about the others? How would you rank these towns? Are there any within the same distance that are more safe or more community oriented?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 09:40 PM

738 posts, read 765,888 times
Never met or heard of anyone that does that. I'd bet there are some that have family in those towns they want to live near them but that's a really far commute and CCISD is a better school district. Commuter cheaper housing or wealthier school districts are Flour Bluff, Calallen, Tuloso Midway in Corpus, London and Portland just outside of Corpus and Sinton/Aransas Pass a little further out.

The reality is there are better housing options that are either cheaper or in better school districts that are much closer so people would really only do that drive everyday for a personal family reason.

They aren't any particularly safer than Corpus itself. Lots of kids who grow up in those towns move to Corpus or San Antonio for school and jobs. George West is the higher income of the three but all are substantially poorer than Corpus.

The only advantage they really have is being close to the shale play but that meant housing could be more expensive than in Corpus although that's heavily tapered off.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:59 AM

It is just because I would like to live in one. I guess if I did I would have to work in town.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
It is just because I would like to live in one. I guess if I did I would have to work in town.
You can do that if you wish. Just a long commute by local standards.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:35 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,412,421 times
Quote:
It is definitely doable. Three Rivers is kind of pushing it, but the commute wouldn't be any longer than sitting in rush hour traffic for an hour in any major city.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:53 PM

Anybody have opinions on these towns? Schools, etc? Are there private schools or only in Corpus?

Old 08-15-2018, 07:41 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,412,421 times
Quote:
Anybody have opinions on these towns? Schools, etc? Are there private schools or only in Corpus?
All three are rural, run down, and sleepy. But that is the norm for small Texas towns. Beeville is the largest and the "nicest" of the three with the best public schools. However, I doubt any of these towns have any private schools.

I'd view them in this order:

Beeville
Three Rivers
George West

Old 08-24-2018, 05:47 PM

How about Goliad? Falls City? I prefer a smaller town with less traffic and more community

Old 08-24-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
How about Goliad? Falls City? I prefer a smaller town with less traffic and more community
Goliad is pretty nice. It's kinda the fancy place for folks from Corpus to have a ranch since it it's far enough north to have more a rolling hill forest vibe than flat bramble vibe. Town isn't very high income but there's been a fair amount of historic preservation and blight clearance. and there are a lot of people living on the nearby ranches. If I had to pick one of the ones you've mentioned it's what I'd pick.

Not sure Falls City would fit your bill on low traffic, it's dead center in the oil patch so there will be significant truck traffic.

Goliad is your best bet for small town atmosphere. If I were you I'd check them out on google street view and you'll see what we mean.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:16 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
All three are rural, run down, and sleepy. But that is the norm for small Texas towns. Beeville is the largest and the "nicest" of the three with the best public schools. However, I doubt any of these towns have any private schools.

I'd view them in this order:

Beeville
Three Rivers
George West
I'd say Beeville is in a different class than George West and Three Rivers, which honestly are pretty dumpy.

Goliad is nice but is unrealistic as a place to live and commute to CC from. If you worked in Victoria then goliad might be an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi