Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 AM

219 posts, read 811,481 times

Advertisements

I live in the poor areas? LOL. No. I do not live in the poor area. I use to live in a very nice area, got to know my neighbors well and they were nothing but a bunch of alcoholics and coke heads...hell...one was even worked for the school district and was a counsler!...take a guess where that was? So I moved to a basic middle class area where everyone but me and my wife were in their 70's and older. Still a few problems but less then the other area.

Here we go again. Total ignorance. Yes...the poor areas have drug problems yet the interesting thing is...the thing that none of you will admit nor will want to admit is that the "rich" areas that you speak of have the large cocaine problem as so do the middle class areas.

My wife had lived in the area for 42 years. She only stayed because her family was here. She personally knew people that started selling drugs when they were in high school. Low and behold they are STILL selling drugs to this day and have never been caught...mmm....how could that be in a town this size...I wonder...oh wait...corruption maybe?

As far as teachers fired for drug use. None that I know of but oh wait...that means what I said does not happen correct? Well...sorry to tell you...it does. A now friend of mine...he was former dealer in this town...now a minister...he straightened his life up about 4 years ago..I met him 3 years ago...he confirmed what I already knew but I will tell you what he told me. He basically said that the teachers, residents in key allegro and the "pillars of the community" were his biggest clients...NOT the people in the poor areas. I knew this already since I use to deal with those people with a business I use to run in the town.

As far as the proof of the rapes. Just take a look at city-data info or go to crimestats and you will see.

I could go on and on. But there is SPECIAL preference to people that donate money to law enforcement and the schools. Here are a few examples. At the high school a certain student walked into the school drunk...staggering actually...parents were called and the student was taken home...the student should have been arrested just like the other students that have shown up drunk at school..why was the student not arrested..because of who her father was...another student was speeding in the school zone next to the school...was pulled over by the police...talked for a bit..laughed at let go...once again...due to who his parents were...oh..I was there watching this happen by the way...so dont say it did not happen...and how about the certain business owner...that has commercials on tv and lets everyone elses kids come over and drink illegally....report it you say?...already have...nothing happend...he donates to law enforcement...like I said..I could go on and on...but I am so tired of this...I personally have known and know people in law enforcement, judges, people that work at the courthouse, dispatchers, ex-dealers..and they all tell the same story...plus I have seen with my own eyes..

Now I know everyone is going to say this stuff does not happen here YET if you become very good friends with the people that work at the courthouse they will ADMIT to you that this town is exactly like this.

But of course I am just a liar...yes..I am lying and exagerrating...I have my own agendas correct? Why would I lie? How does it benefit me? The answer to that is...it would not benefit me at all. I have moved and will never come back to this Sodom and Gomora.

Also. I am not posting on this thread anymore. So don't bother asking me anything. No matter what I say you still will believe what you WANT to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 05:14 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,965,224 times
I wish he could jump out side himself and read this post above mine.. I think he would agree he sounds like a mad/crazed person... one filled with hate and based on a bad experience he had.

If he thinks the stuff he is talking about does not happen in every city across this country he has another thing coming. As an ex-DA cop I can tell you first hand this stuff he mentions happens everywhere. Rockport does not hold the sole-deed to such things... so I dont know why he tries so hard to convience us with out any proof, or links or something to back his stories up?

Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,490,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Oh yeah.. you pay 22 dollars per thousand here in El Paso.. the highest property tax in Texas, I think. Ingleside is close though at around 20 dollars per 1000. San Angelo, some place I am considering is only like 13 dollars per 1000. So to figure out what you pay in taxes you take that number 22 x ( Home Value/1000) = taxes.

Ok so the house you are looking at is 139,900 divided by 1000 (139.90).. then multiplied by 20 dollars = $2798 in taxes..

Lets say the same house is bought in El Paso... I would pay $3077.80

Now lets consider the same house in San Angelo TX, the taxes would only be $1818.70.

Just something to consider. I will say that the cost of living in Ingleside is far less than El Paso or San Angelo though.. But Insurance is about the same for all 3 cities. San Angelo has to worry about flooding and tornados El Paso Flooding & harsh winds.. and Ingleside flooding and hurricanes.

I am waiting till after the base closes.. there will be plenty of choices then. The realtor is no fool.. if they can get you to buy now, the better their commission is... most only make 1 to 3% off the sale. And you have seen the price drop on the one house already several times.. so that should tell you something. But you may also offer a way low number and hope they come back with a counter, and then you meet half way there. The people seem desperate to sell if the price has dropped that many times. So you maybe able to name your price, if you offer a quick close. Then just rent the house till you get down there, if you need it to help pay for its self while your waiting to move.

There will be plenty of open properties in Ingleside.. and if not there many of the communities in the region have stuff all the time. Just make sure your at least 30 feet above sea level. That could be the difference between swimming in your home and fishing from your front porch. =)
Thank you for telling me about the formula for the taxes. I asked the real estate several times how you figure it and it took her a few days always to get back to me. What's funny is there was this other home that started at 135,00, then when we looked at it 133,500 and Monday they dropped it to 129,000. Today she tells me if I was still interested in it I should maybe offer 124 - 125,000. It just seems strange all the houses are coming down, she says everyone is putting in offers on these three homes we had narrowed it down too and yet they are still there. I feel like I should wait until at least December when it's really a slow time for selling. So is San Angelo close to the naval base too> just wondering since you said you were waiting till it closes.

The homes we were looking at seemed to be higher up. I know they weren't in a flood zone.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
Portland, TX, between Ingleside and Corpus Christi, taxes property at about $23.95 per 1000
I wonder what Houston is....I heard they are higher

Old 06-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Well thats good to know that were not the highest here in El Paso.. but were really close.. and way to high for what we get.

Portland is a very nice city though.. and the schools there are out standing.. so I am sure that maybe why the taxes are that high.. El Paso I believe is to help fund the many changes the city has to do in a very short period of time due to the many soldiers coming here in the next 2-3 years.
I heard Portland was nice. I don't have any kids still in school but having good schools does help the area. We never looked at any homes there though, maybe we should of.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I wish he could jump out side himself and read this post above mine.. I think he would agree he sounds like a mad/crazed person... one filled with hate and based on a bad experience he had.

If he thinks the stuff he is talking about does not happen in every city across this country he has another thing coming. As an ex-DA cop I can tell you first hand this stuff he mentions happens everywhere. Rockport does not hold the sole-deed to such things... so I dont know why he tries so hard to convience us with out any proof, or links or something to back his stories up?
I agree...In every city....even in Tulsa where I live and all the places I used to live, Salt Lake City, Denver, San Jose, Ca. No city is without drugs. You just dont put yourself in those particular places and around those people.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Thank you, So is San Angelo close to the naval base too> just wondering since you said you were waiting till it closes.

The homes we were looking at seemed to be higher up. I know they weren't in a flood zone.
Oh No San Angelo is closer to El Paso than the Gulf Coast.. has a nice river going though it and a couple lakes near by though.. its a bit greener than El Paso too, but still has the desert southwest feel. I am looking at a few areas to move too. Like to keep my options open. I may move back to Mississippi Gulf Coast in about 5-7 years when my kids are either out of school or near to it.. I loved Gulfport MS, but didn't like the school system.

Your welcome by the way.. I am glad to have been of some help to you. Good luck on your move, I think you'll be fine, you seem like a planner to me and like to know all the details.. so I am sure that will keep you in the green.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Oh No San Angelo is closer to El Paso than the Gulf Coast.. has a nice river going though it and a couple lakes near by though.. its a bit greener than El Paso too, but still has the desert southwest feel. I am looking at a few areas to move too. Like to keep my options open. I may move back to Mississippi Gulf Coast in about 5-7 years when my kids are either out of school or near to it.. I loved Gulfport MS, but didn't like the school system.

Your welcome by the way.. I am glad to have been of some help to you. Good luck on your move, I think you'll be fine, you seem like a planner to me and like to know all the details.. so I am sure that will keep you in the green.
Sounds like San Angelo is a nice area. If we didnt want to be by a beach so bad we might consider that.
You have been very imformative.
I am pretty much a planner. I used to work for a planning dept for a city where I used to live, but now I am here in Oklahoma!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:35 PM

Yeah I understand the need to be near a beach.. I am the same way.. nothing like having your windows open at night enjoying the cool breeze off the gulf, and the sounds of crashing waves to lull you to sleep.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah I understand the need to be near a beach.. I am the same way.. nothing like having your windows open at night enjoying the cool breeze off the gulf, and the sounds of crashing waves to lull you to sleep.
That would be nice...I doubt we will be able to afford a home by the beach but maybe a couple miles away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi