Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 AM

43 posts, read 64,063 times

Advertisements

[quote=Antlered Chamataka;18564502]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgorfain View Post
These fellas don't know how to celebrate. I'm of the Saurav Ganguly breed, strip and helicopter my shirt or something

Is it legal in Connecticut to streak when one's favourite team wins??
One of the questions to which kumari pandey also would like to know the answer to ?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 AM

105 posts, read 203,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2f10 View Post
Are there any cricket clubs in CT - being part of New England?

Hey, there are many cricket clubs in CT. Of course most of them are filled with Indians. We have the company sponsored cricket tournaments every year where I work. Our team was the winner last year. This year's season will be starting very soon.

We have cricket clubs and tournaments in most of the states in US. We have players from subcontinent, some British, Caribbean and African immigrants forming the teams.

When I was in Detroit, we used to have fiercely fought matches between India and Pakistan. Not surprisingly, they used to be the contests between Pakistani fast bowlers and our batsmen (as an opening batsman, I know how hard it is to face those totally pumped up speedsters).

Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,785,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Have you tried Thail Too? Pretty good vegetarian Indian place in NH.
I have to check it out. But the only Indian I ever eat will have to be cooked by mom or cooked with love by other ladies at "home"

The restaurants are just second grade and most of the time they make food that makes one fat. Take a count of how many fatties lounge to and fro those buffet tables They are monstrous and scary.

To add taste and save it from sudden decay, they add tons of oil, curd, ghee and sugar. One spoon of carrot halwa might be worth 150 cals. A few scoops are just as big as a meal and this is just the fricking dessert

Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,785,728 times
But I always wondered how Indians in India remain so thin, despite tons of rich food and about zero exercise. Yet I go to places like the Stamford town center, target or walmart and I feel sorry for mother earth.

I can understand if it's the deep south, coz they love their fried food and gravy. But this is Connecticut for Pete's sake

Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM

21,673 posts, read 31,345,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
But I always wondered how Indians in India remain so thin, despite tons of rich food and about zero exercise. Yet I go to places like the Stamford town center, target or walmart and I feel sorry for mother earth.

I can understand if it's the deep south, coz they love their fried food and gravy. But this is Connecticut for Pete's sake
You're not exactly patronizing the best businesses to accurately represent the state. Quite judgmental, huh?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:35 AM

[quote=lgorfain;18564103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2f10 View Post
Are there any cricket clubs in CT - being part of New England?

Stamford Cricket Club Stamford Town CC, Lincs - Play-Cricket -

And see this aritcle about Tawa and Cricket TV
Cricket match draws fans in Stamford - StamfordAdvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannadiga View Post
Hey, there are many cricket clubs in CT. Of course most of them are filled with Indians. We have the company sponsored cricket tournaments every year where I work. Our team was the winner last year. This year's season will be starting very soon.

We have cricket clubs and tournaments in most of the states in US. We have players from subcontinent, some British, Caribbean and African immigrants forming the teams.

When I was in Detroit, we used to have fiercely fought matches between India and Pakistan. Not surprisingly, they used to be the contests between Pakistani fast bowlers and our batsmen (as an opening batsman, I know how hard it is to face those totally pumped up speedsters).
@Kannadiga - Goodluck for your current season

@Igorfain - the link seems to be to the Stamford CC in "old" England

Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Lifestyle, GM food, eating/not eating food suitable to the climate could be some of the reasons.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:20 AM

35,091 posts, read 57,224,559 times
If you wish to converse with some one on this forum, please use the Direct Message System for that. This thread has gone off topic so I am closing it down. Thanks everyone for your posts. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut