Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM

209 posts, read 608,269 times

Advertisements

I am moving to fairfield and will be comuting to new york city starting May 3rd. I know what parking is like at the fairfield station and I've gotten my share of parking tickets. Does anyone have any suggestions about where I can park, even for a fee like $6.00 or something. I will also consider taking the train out of other towns; Southport, Greens Farms, South Norwalk, etc. Help please, any suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:29 AM

588 posts, read 1,873,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsnowgirl View Post
I am moving to fairfield and will be comuting to new york city starting May 3rd. I know what parking is like at the fairfield station and I've gotten my share of parking tickets. Does anyone have any suggestions about where I can park, even for a fee like $6.00 or something. I will also consider taking the train out of other towns; Southport, Greens Farms, South Norwalk, etc. Help please, any suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Depending on what time of day, you have a few different choices at the main Fairfield station.

If you are there by 6:15 or so, there are some daily spots available in the station lot for $6. The parking people will put an envelope on your car, and you can pay online or mail a check. Just make sure you only park in the first 2 or 3 rows - there are a couple of signs that say anything past this area is permit parking only.

If you are there by 7 (give or take a little), up the road a little is the Knights of Columbus. Parking is $4/day, cash to the attendant in the little booth. This can easily fill up earlier than 7, but during the summer months a lot of ppl park for free in the nearby school lots so you can find a spot here later than 7.

Otherwise, there is a satellite parking lot on Mill Plain Road, just up from the station entrance. I believe this is also $6/day, same envelope situation as the main lot daily parking, and there is sometimes a shuttle van that runs you to the station. If not, it's only a few minutes walk. I'm not sure this lot ever fills up, so you should be safe to count on parking here if your other options are full.

Lastly, if you are in Fairfield permanently, get on the parking authority waiting list as soon as possible. There is a LONG list waiting for permits. I've been on since January 2007, and they estimate I have another 5 years (without factoring in the 1500 spots at the new station). Once they start issuing permits for the new station (they will give people a choice of new station or going back on the wait list for a permit at the old station), that list should go quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: