Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 05:53 PM

4 posts, read 20,386 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some one who lives in the Southbury, CT and even better if you live in the Heritage Village. I would like to know what you think of Heritage Village and the Southbury area? I'm thinking of moving into the area.
Thanks for any info you can give me.
lsmithhr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,759,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmithhr View Post
I'm looking for some one who lives in the Southbury, CT and even better if you live in the Heritage Village. I would like to know what you think of Heritage Village and the Southbury area? I'm thinking of moving into the area.
lsmithhr
I don't live there but have brought clients to see units. I've been told that some are better insulated than others...it all has to do with the later phases. Unfortunately, I am not 100 percent sure if this meant that the later phases were better insulated than the earlier phases (or vice versa).

Old 05-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info...I'll make sure to check it out on my next trip back to CT.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:16 PM

572 posts, read 2,089,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmithhr View Post
lsmithhr
There are many 55+ communities in Southbury, Oxford, Seymour and Newtown.

Heritage Village in my opinion is one of the nicer 55+ communities in Connecticut. Right in the center of the village, you have upscale day spas, restaurants and shopping along with a few golf courses in the neighborhood. On Southbury's picturesque Main Street South, you have Gap, Ann Taylor, Victoria's Secret, grocery stores, KMart, Talbots, Starbucks, numerous mom & pop shops and no fast food drive thrus.

If you were looking for a single family home with more privacy you could check out some 55+ communities being built in Oxford and Newtown. They can be quite expensive though as most start over $450k. In the Village at Oxford Greens, residents typically are younger than the residents of Heritage Village, the average age being probably between 60 and 70, while Heritage is 65-80 (this is just my opinion, so I don't know for sure). There are other communities on Great Hill Road on the Oxford/Seymour line and another one being built along Roosevelt Drive in Oxford.

My advice is to spend an afternoon in Heritage Village and strike up a conversation with one of the locals. They can probably give you a little more insight than people on the forum.

Good luck.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:28 AM

Smile Southbury

Thanks for your info! We plan on a to trip back to CT in the near future and will spend time in the Southbury area to see how it feels to us. Will check out the other places you mentioned also.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:57 AM

97 posts, read 395,941 times
Southbury , woodbury, middlebury areas are beautiful to live. Definite upscale areas. The village is nice if you want to be in your own little community. There are some condo type situations right in the village area with assisted living accommadations available which is an option as people may need help in later years.Good luck with your adventure. Also....be careful driving in Southbury alot of elderly people driving still.....accidents very high ratio.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Home View Post
Southbury , woodbury, middlebury areas are beautiful to live. Definite upscale areas. The village is nice if you want to be in your own little community. There are some condo type situations right in the village area with assisted living accommadations available which is an option as people may need help in later years.Good luck with your adventure. Also....be careful driving in Southbury alot of elderly people driving still.....accidents very high ratio.
Southbury sounds like the area I'm in now.....elderly people...accident ratio kind of high.
Thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut