Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:18 AM

24 posts, read 97,269 times

Advertisements

Hey!

Where is the best locally owned pub/bar to go to in New Haven County to watch Boston sports with other Boston fans?

Thanks!
S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:47 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,305,424 times
I usually go to Buffalo Wild Wings in Milford, but that's not locally owned. And you'd likely have better luck catching a Sox game on north/east of New Haven than southwest.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:00 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Not in the New Haven area. Up in the Hartford area, All Stars Sports Bar in Manchester was the only one that would always have the Sox on. I went a few times only because it was a halfway point for my Sox friends in MA.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:23 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
There's a place outside of Southington, i don't remember the name of it though.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:57 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,435,073 times
I was at the Playwright in New Haven the other day and they had a big Redsox jersey upon walking in. So perhaps they have a big following...

Old 09-13-2009, 07:10 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Not in the New Haven area. Up in the Hartford area, All Stars Sports Bar in Manchester was the only one that would always have the Sox on. I went a few times only because it was a halfway point for my Sox friends in MA.
Not far from where I was temporarily in Manchester/Vernon this summer there was a place called Shea's that seemed to be big on the Red Sox (being from NY, I'm not a Sox fan, but there was some sign about the Sox or something like that all the time when I drove past it every day).

Also, I know the Boston-based "99" chain is big on the Sox (i.e. kids eat free every time the Sox win) and I know a lot of them have a "bar" component (my brother-in-law lived in Lowell, MA a few years ago and once while visiting when he just moved there from NY we had a drink in the bar section of a 99 and started talking about the Yankees and....well, we got out alive but it was interesting.....OK just kidding, but we did get a few dirty looks/choice words not realizing where we were, LOL). I know there's a few in the Hartford area, including south of the city towards New Haven (and they have the Sox kids promo, etc. too), but I don't know if there are actually any in New Haven county, but you could try them.

As noted before, the further north and east you go from New Haven (since NH is still closer to NYC than Boston), the more likely you find Red Sox fans/atmosphere, though even Hartford is only equidistant to NY and Boston and is kind of more of a "Yankees/Sox fault line" than full Sox country (no comments on this please, there are plenty of past and present CT threads on that topic ).

Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
National Amusement Theaters in Manchester was advertising a Red Sox simulcast night the othe night when we were at the movies. I am not sure if they do this down in the New Haven as well, but you could check. Jay

Old 09-13-2009, 07:21 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,305,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Also, I know the Boston-based "99" chain is big on the Sox (i.e. kids eat free every time the Sox win) and I know a lot of them have a "bar" component (my brother-in-law lived in Lowell, MA a few years ago and once while visiting when he just moved there from NY we had a drink in the bar section of a 99 and started talking about the Yankees and....well, we got out alive but it was interesting.....OK just kidding, but we did get a few dirty looks/choice words not realizing where we were, LOL). I know there's a few in the Hartford area, including south of the city towards New Haven (and they have the Sox kids promo, etc. too), but I don't know if there are actually any in New Haven county, but you could try them.
Route 5, Wallingford
Route 1, Orange

another one on Route 1, but in Stratford (Fairfield County)

I dunno of any others.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 PM

639 posts, read 2,711,626 times
Not much of a bar to watch games, but I believe Modern Pizza in New Haven favors Boston. I think I saw some photos and banners last time I was there?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,248 times
Rookies in Cromwell is a great place for Red Sox game and it's a mostly Red Sox bar..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut