Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 PM

83,502 posts, read 75,260,686 times

Advertisements

You guys will start to realize once it gets past 70 degrees or it turns May..I am more edgy and complain more often! LOL

God I hate Summers & The Heat!!

I just killed 15 Spiders on my main level. Had the same problem last year. I thought it was the soil in basement from seed starting. Threw some powder stuff down & cleared out the garden stuff and slowly they vanished.

1/2 My basement is not finished.

Anyone else in the woods expierencing this?

They have to be coming from outside right? UGH!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,856,120 times
Don't be afraid of spiders. They won't hurt you.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:46 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,895,809 times
I'm not a fan of spiders, and occasionally we get the wood/wolf spiders because we are surrounded by woods. Usually I just put a plastic cup over them, slide a paper plate under the cup, and relocate the vicious critter outdoors. I admit I had to laugh, your userID is Nature, but I see from most of your posts that you aren't entirely a fan of it. LOL!

Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature27 View Post
You guys will start to realize once it gets past 70 degrees or it turns May..I am more edgy and complain more often! LOL

God I hate Summers & The Heat!! I just killed 15 Spiders on my main level. Had the same problem last year. I thought it was the soil in basement from seed starting. Threw some powder stuff down & cleared out the garden stuff and slowly they vanished. 1/2 My basement is not finished.

Anyone else in the woods expierencing this?
They have to be coming from outside right? UGH!!
I just saw a show on tv called the "Exterminator" which is odd for me because I REALLY hate bugs...anyhow, he was going to a home that was infested with spiders. I am itching as we "speak". He got to this home and it was infested with black widows and something I wasn't aware of a brown widow...both equally a poisonous. The black widow was, of course, black with an hour glass shape and red diamond shape on it's back, didn't see the brown widow but would imagine it was similar. Be sure to check out what these spiders look like and be extra sure to get their nests as well so you can kill all the eggs they leave. Oh....worse case scenario, this exterminator guy also killed a brown widow inside one of his kids toy cars that the kid would actually sit in and ride...that scared me.

I have spiders but squash them as fast as I see them...my husband has seen them too. We don't live in the woods and have a finished basement so after seeing this show last night, I am surely going to make sure I check the spiders out before I squash them to be sure we don't have a black widow or a brown widow..there is also one called a Brown Recluse that can be harmful...you should watch this show. It is on Sunday nights and here in Connecticut it is on 34 or USA channel. Good luck

Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 AM

83,502 posts, read 75,260,686 times
Thanks CT Pam. These are just household spiders here.

I thought more of trees, mountains, animals, weather, ect. with my name..not spiders! LOL But it is funny now that I think about it.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:02 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,159,460 times
One of my fears is spiders. We had a wolf spider in the house a couple of years ago and I started sweating just looking at it!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:22 AM

19 posts, read 71,349 times
Black Widows are much more common down south. Our neighbors had an infestation in the garage when we lived in FL. Scary!! Brown Recluse spiders, I believe, are more common up here in CT.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,001,555 times
If it makes you feel better, they eat the bugs that really creep you out.

You can have one fat and happy spider or 10 other critters crawling around.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,159,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanab View Post
Brown Recluse spiders, I believe, are more common up here in CT.
Aren't those poisonous?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:55 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,430,619 times
yup they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut