Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 07:52 AM

752 posts, read 559,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Now to be fair no one has said really anything about Robert Hotaling. He might get 5%. I haven't seen a single commercial or news segment on him. It's odd
No news, no commercials? I doubt he gets near 5%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 04:38 AM

4,546 posts, read 6,827,483 times
I personally can't wait for the election to be over. The constant ads provide little objective information on either candidate. Lamont walks a fine line governing a solid blue state. He has had to compromise in order to make incremental changes to improve our fiscal health. He rightfully took action to reduce our pension debt while the state had the surpluses to do so. The previous Republican governors did nothing to address the pension debt problem. Stefanowski's campaign promises would be DOA with the likely legislative body that will be in power.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:16 PM

35,084 posts, read 57,196,566 times
Anyone catch the debate last night? I watched. I was surprised that Lamont said that he wanted local decision in affordable housing. That’s the first time I heard him say that. Could this be the first step to fixing 8-30g? According to my State Representative (a Democrat) the party is now recognizing the problems with the law and is considering ways to fix it. I haven’t seen much mention of this. Did I dream it? Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2022/11/01/ct-g...ability-crime/

Old 11-02-2022, 01:37 PM

2,498 posts, read 4,737,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Anyone catch the debate last night? I watched. I was surprised that Lamont said that he wanted local decision in affordable housing. That’s the first time I heard him say that. Could this be the first step to fixing 8-30g? According to my State Representative (a Democrat) the party is now recognizing the problems with the law and is considering ways to fix it. I haven’t seen much mention of this. Did I dream it? Jay

Well, it's a start. Perhaps they're realizing that something that sounds good in theory doesn't always work out as planned in practice.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:52 PM

1,241 posts, read 910,260 times
Politicians will say anything during the campaign. Didn't Lamont say he was against tolls the first time he ran?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Anyone catch the debate last night? I watched. I was surprised that Lamont said

that he wanted local decision in affordable housing. That’s the first time I heard him say that. Could this be the first step to fixing 8-30g? According to my State Representative (a Democrat) the party is now recognizing the problems with the law and is considering ways to fix it. I haven’t seen much mention of this. Did I dream it? Jay

Old 11-02-2022, 02:10 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,963,730 times
I'm amazed that Zeldin in NY is within striking distance of Hochul while Stefanowski is behind by double digits. Same with Levy, although it looks like Logan may pull one out against Hayes. But man did the CT GOP blow a golden opportunity in a red wave year. Just shows that candidates matter, and merely nominating rich people with no political experience is not a successful strategy.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:58 PM

17,785 posts, read 7,023,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
I'm amazed that Zeldin in NY is within striking distance of Hochul while Stefanowski is behind by double digits. Same with Levy, although it looks like Logan may pull one out against Hayes. But man did the CT GOP blow a golden opportunity in a red wave year. Just shows that candidates matter, and merely nominating rich people with no political experience is not a successful strategy.
If candidates mattered in Connecticut, lying Communist Richard Blumenthal wouldn’t hold any political office, much less Senator. Ideology is what matters to Connecticut voters.

Old 11-02-2022, 05:39 PM

860 posts, read 520,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If candidates mattered in Connecticut, lying Communist Richard Blumenthal wouldn’t hold any political office, much less Senator. Ideology is what matters to Connecticut voters.
Nothing identifies someone as an idiot like calling neoliberal corporate Democrats communists. Try not to use words that you don’t understand.

Old 11-02-2022, 05:57 PM

7,086 posts, read 3,843,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Ideology is what matters to Connecticut voters.
Ideology is huge in CT. There’s no doubt about it. No two ifs.
NY may see the greatest upset in history because things have gotten worse there no question.
CT isn’t there yet, many hundreds of thousands see a halo above Lamont’s head. He is The Chosen One.

Old 11-02-2022, 06:18 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,195,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Nyc crime is up. Lamont is much stronger than Hochul. Zeldin same over Stef
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut