Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 AM

34,940 posts, read 56,958,583 times

Advertisements

I would assume this means that the list posted is the bottom of the 100. I do not know that I agree with this AT ALL. East haddam is a stunningly beautiful town with a lot to offer (Goodspeed, Gillette's castle, etc.). how could it be considered so low???

Middletown has a wonderful downtown area, is home to Wesleyan University and offers a wide range of housing options. It is convenient to most of the state's major cities (Hartford, New Haven and Waterbury). How come it rates so low.

Litchfield is one of the states most beautiful towns. Westbrook has some beautiful areas along the shore and inland. Woodstock is beautiful as well.

As I said, I question how this list was developed and what criteria was used. JMHO Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 AM

19 posts, read 61,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
??????????

So, you would rank Bridgeport as better than Norwalk or Stratford??????
No, Bridgeport and many others do not make the list.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,433,232 times
What towns don't make your list?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM

19 posts, read 61,326 times
to answer your question jd hall, the following did not make this list even though they had 5000 people

Stamford
Ansonia
Derby
Hartford
New Haven
Griswold/ Jewett City
Plainfield
Bridgeport
Bristol
New London
Groton
Norwich
New Britain
Windham/Willimantic
Windsor Locks
East Windsor
Brooklyn
Thompson
Willington
Meriden
West Haven
Torrington
Killingly/Danielson
East Hartford
Waterbury
Winchester/Winsted

Old 04-15-2008, 01:38 PM

246 posts, read 873,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox5 View Post
to answer your question jd hall, the following did not make this list even though they had 5000 people

Stamford
Ansonia
Derby
Hartford
New Haven
Griswold/ Jewett City
Plainfield
Bridgeport
Bristol
New London
Groton
Norwich
New Britain
Windham/Willimantic
Windsor Locks
East Windsor
Brooklyn
Thompson
Willington
Meriden
West Haven
Torrington
Killingly/Danielson
East Hartford
Waterbury
Winchester/Winsted
I agree with most of your exclusions but think Stamford is a great city to reside. Quality of life is unsurpassed, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut