Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When Will Connecticut Hit 4,000,000 Residents?
2015-2035 3 10.71%
2035-2050 7 25.00%
2050-2065 3 10.71%
2065+ 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:29 AM

17 posts, read 21,208 times

Advertisements

There have been good points raised in this thread; however, on balance, I find the thread itself pointless. 4,000,000 is a nice round number, but it's arbitrary and meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 11:20 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from CT View Post
There have been good points raised in this thread; however, on balance, I find the thread itself pointless. 4,000,000 is a nice round number, but it's arbitrary and meaningless.
It is meaningless. The reason why this thread exists because I've noticed many people talk about the future of our state. Whether it's the economy or demographics; it seems we are very interested in changes. As someone who is interested in demographics I've been noticing different opinions about why residents are move in and out. With many residents moving out I thought I'd be interesting topic to talk if it's possible for us to reach the next millionth.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:28 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
I only stay in CT if taxes could be lowered, lower housing cost, lower higher education tuition at state hospitals, improve infrastructure in the state, and encourage growth of more job's. However, don't see much of that occurring so once done with college hopefully can save enough cash to be ready to move out of the state.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:12 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Let's not turn this into another thread of complaints of how expensive it is to live here or how high the taxes are. The topic of the thread is when do people think Connecticut will reach 4 million residents. Please stick to that topic. JayCT, Moderator

Old 11-11-2015, 01:40 PM

10,098 posts, read 14,972,719 times
CT's population density and distribution with the current population of 3 million +. With 4 million it will be a little more red and little more orange here and there and that's it.

Along the coast and the CT River Valley is where most of the population lives.

Map of Connecticut (Polpulation Density) : Worldofmaps.net - online Maps and Travel Information

Old 11-11-2015, 03:06 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,313,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
CT's population density and distribution with the current population of 3 million +. With 4 million it will be a little more red and little more orange here and there and that's it.

Map of Connecticut (Polpulation Density) : Worldofmaps.net - online Maps and Travel Information
Fairfield County would be mostly all red since that's where a majority of the growth is located.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:12 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

On paper and maps will be nothing, on ground of course it will. Nice map btw.. Did they really have to use the blue shade there? I'm gonna build me a house on the water just so they cant use the blue. lol

but seriously.. Whats with the migration to the CT River Valley? (water sources?) Before you answer that, notice the extra population in Northern Fairfield County outside the "Valley"

Old 11-11-2015, 06:54 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
With NY I mean they may have higher taxes and higher COL, bit more job opportunities. With Mass lower taxes, more job's, and utilize the money better if CT wants to grow and keep people they need to start addressing a lot if issue's.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:52 AM

684 posts, read 812,419 times
The state isn't growing due to the political mess in office, when people in this state wake up and actually vote for the right people rather then their party affiliation ,then the state might be able to turn around if its not too late. I see so much potential in many cities that are run down but then again i am a business man and entrepreneur.

The state needs to attract the younger and middle aged crowd to stay here and do business or work. Some adjusting on taxes , better transportation , and opportunities and you will have a thriving state. What is the state going to do when all these old people pass away or keep moving out to a southern state to retire in?

I have noticed the most in CT is either your in the insurance field, work for a manufacturer , or work in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut